Kemper Profiler Player - Game Changer?

I wonder if you can get the exact same sound as for the Head/Stage. If yes, this would be such a bargain for 700€... Only downside for me would be that it only has 3 stomps.

I am unclear as to whether this has effects like the Fractal FM3, or whether it is just amps? Also, being a pedalboard unit, can it be used through a tube amp?

Yeh. I agree. I’m a Fractal man and fully use the 12 switch board. I may be more a Helix guy as a few venues I’m at jade them as house units. So I got one a few months ago. Have another coming today. I’m old and hate load ins load outs. 1 will be for my music room and backup in case I need to leave gear in 2 places. First world problems

I wonder if you can get the exact same sound as for the Head/Stage. If yes, this would be such a bargain for 700€... Only downside for me would be that it only has 3 stomps.

Yes...see https://www.kemper-amps.com/products/uk/profiler-player.html

as it is designed to be used with existing boards, three stomps should not be a limitation for that use case.

The KEMPER PROFILER Player is the latest and the most complete serving of professional amp tones and studio-grade FX per footprint. Requiring only the floorboard space of two standard distortion pedals the PROFILER Player turns any pedal board into an arena-grade touring rig. And, what’s more, the Player indeed itself is already the arena-grade touring rig that fits in every guitar bag. It offers the full arsenal of KEMPER amp tones (yes, the Amp section of the Player sounds identical to the amp section of its famous Big Brothers - it loads any amp PROFILE from the vast library of existing free and commercial PROFILEs), selected FX settings, IR loading, and switching capabilities - at home, in the studio, in the rehearsal room, and on stage.
I am unclear as to whether this has effects like the Fractal FM3, or whether it is just amps?
Yes, see https://www.kemper-amps.com/products/uk/profiler-player.html

Four effect blocks elevate the Player to a professional stand-alone live solution.

The PROFILER Player offers a selection of some the finest effects in the world. As a company, KEMPER is also responsible for creating the ACCESS™ VIRUS™, one of the most successful synthesizers of all time. Nearly 25 years of experience.
Along with the standard effects, you will find algorithms rarely seen in a guitar processor - these include an authentic rotary speaker and studio-grade reverbs, offering amazing rooms, large halls, even lush, pad-like ambiences and many more.

The Player’s signal chain comprises 4 effect modules in addition to the amplifier stack. Up to two effects can be placed "pre" the amp stack, and another two "post" the amp. The post-amp modules of the effect chain are ideal for delay and reverb effects. Both delay and reverb offer "spillover"at any time, meaning the sonic tail is not cut off when you change to another Rig.
The Player offers a massive, well-curated selection of 136 different FX settings taken from the legendary KEMPER PROFILER FX arsenal that features over 444 FX presets in total.
Also, being a pedalboard unit, can it be used through a tube amp?

Yes see the manual at https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads

Monitor Output (15)Use this stereo output to connect the PROFILER Player to one or two KEMPER Power Kabinet™(s). Alternatively, you can connect two studio monitors for home or studio use. This output has its own level control in the menu of theOutput Section in Rig Manager.You can also connect this output to an external power amp driving a regular guitar cabinet. In this case, you need to switch the cabinet simulation off holding the KONE button for a long time until it’s color changes to orange – this is necessary to prevent the unwanted coloration that would result from running a speaker emulation through a guitar cabinet.
That means you would go directly to an amps power amp, via FX return.

Last edited:
For fly dates I have been using my Fractal FM3, which I love the sound of, but it has drawbacks:
  • A little big for carry-on luggage. I usually end up sacrificing extra clothing in order to have room.
  • I don't need 9,246,568 amp models to choose from. I need one, with a couple different settings for lead boost and dryer/wetter tone.
  • It's tough to mess with on the fly.....the UI is nuts.
  • The tuner is great, but I have to do the hokey-pokey with my feet to navigate to it, and back again, before the next song starts.
I had been considering the new Friedman IR-X, but it has drawbacks:
  • No tuner
  • Inexplicably, no XLR out. I know you can buy an adapter, but why Dave.....why???
This new Kemper product looks like it answers all my needs except:
  • I don't like that the tuner is non-visual. But....at least it has one.
Before I can proclaim it the winner I would really need to mess around with it a bit, but I'm hopeful!

I quite like the look of this new Kemper Profile Player also. A couple of nice profile packs from Tone Junkie when he has a sale and voilà.

I have to say, I totally love it. The only things missing for me to make it the perfect modulator amp:

- one more stomp (4 is the sweet spot for me... damn...)
- a tuner incl. display

@Aaron why not get a Korg Pitchblack XS to connect to your Fractal? It's really small and cool.

I have to say, I totally love it. The only things missing for me to make it the perfect modulator amp:

- one more stomp (4 is the sweet spot for me... damn...)
- a tuner incl. display

@Aaron why not get a Korg Pitchblack XS to connect to your Fractal? It's really small and cool.

I love the Pitchblack. It's actually my favorite pedal tuner. When I'm flying I want the least amount of stuff possible. As I mentioned, the Fractal is already a little big, and since it already has a tuner in it I just make due.

Back