The Game Changer® - New from EBMM at Namm 2011

SustainerPlayer

The Game Changer® fundamentally changes the guitar player's experience. Rather than relying on pre-set pickup configurations traditionally provided by instrument manufacturers, The Game Changer® gives guitarists unrestricted access to a vast library of tones via a true analog pickup switching system. Available on select Music Man Reflex models, this patent-pending system electronically rewires a guitar or bass instantly, combining any order of pickup coils in series, parallel, and in or out of phase to create tones unique to the individual creating them. Imagine having complete tonal control of your instrument with more than 250,000 pickup configurations*, without rewiring anything.  With The Game Changer®, the audio signal is never digitized or modeled in any way, providing a transparent analog signal path for the absolute purist. In conjunction with The Game Changer® website, musicians can also create, save and share their tonal selections with other players from around the world.

“The Game Changer® is the most significant innovation our company has developed,” said Sterling Ball, CEO of Ernie Ball Music Man. “I'm truly proud of this technology and am looking forward to sharing and creating new and unique tones with musicians and artists alike. This really paves the way for musicians to personalize their tonal options like never before.”

The Game Changer® is currently offered in Music Man H-H, H-S-H Reflex guitar models, as well as the Music Man H-H Reflex bass model.

*More than 250,000 with a 5-coil instrument

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8DXFkjrgq8[/youtube]

Looks like we can get taken care of our wiring needs in the future  :icon_biggrin:

the video was vague as hell, but it sounds interesting! i'm just picturing an even more complicated PRS 513 though...

PRS_513_CherryWrapBurst_151372_frontbody.jpg

As I understand it. It will gives you all these opportunities on one 5-way. So you can choose your 5 favorite positions. You don't have to memorise 250000 position to your next gig  :laughing7:

EDIT: With push/pull-pots you can have more ...

No offense meant to the OP, but whenever I see that registered trademark symbol in a post I always feel like I am reading corporate ad copy instead of a trusted friend's informal message board post.

That being said, I would like to learn more about this product if it does indeed live up to its name.  Could be interesting.

Decent idea, but it's quite a stretch to call it a "game changer"... it's basically just a different take on Jimmy Page's wiring scheme.

There's quite a bit of marketing hype and not many details.

Reminds me a bit of the ToneShaper.  (http://www.toneshapers.com/)  I've tried the Strat version and was very impressed.

Then again....... what's that old saying of being a student of everything and master of nothing????

JaySwear said:
the video was vague as hell, but it sounds interesting! i'm just picturing an even more complicated PRS 513 though...

Did I see correctly (in a magazine) that PRS Makes strats now ????

TwohundredandfiftySCHMOUSEND yadda yadda yadda. I hate it when they bring math into the equation  :laughing7:

Can I run the same signal through one coil twise as well, before its off to the amp? If not, im not buying :D

Ah, enough! Its probably allright. After all petrucci is using it and these days he could probably kick my ass  :guitarplayer2:

Märkeaux said:
JaySwear said:

Did I see correctly (in a magazine) that PRS Makes strats now ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rngavlVVcmA

C'mon man, it's just a damn Axis with a pickup wiring that's been done hundreds of times...And they're trying to give it a catchy name to charge $3000 for....Sound familiar......Uhhhhhhmmmmm.."cough" Gibson "cough"... :doh:

seriously? It's just sad to think that when I was 17 i fell for this marketing bull and that all across the country there are kids who love and respect a guy like Petrucci who will probably go out and buy some product htey don't need (and can't afford) just so he can make a couple grand on a promo video.

Just a couple more positions and we can spend 100% of our time at the guitar fiddling with controls instead of playing it.

swarfrat said:
Just a couple more positions and we can spend 100% of our time at the guitar fiddling with controls instead of playing it.
Even if someone can't play, they can look cool for a half hour turning knobs and switches.... :laughing11:

Wyliee said:
There's quite a bit of marketing hype and not many details.

Reminds me a bit of the ToneShaper.  (http://www.toneshapers.com/)  I've tried the Strat version and was very impressed.

Then again....... what's that old saying of being a student of everything and master of nothing????
That's pretty cool, I remember seeing that some time ago, had forgot all about it. That would be interesting to do with the bridge pup angled the opposite direction with a SD JB JR.... :dontknow:

swarfrat said:

What's this "we" stuff? You got a mouse in your pocket? <grin>

I'm a strong advocate of simplifying guitar controls. These kids who want 12 knobs and 37 switches make me laugh. They've clearly never been on stage under pressure to perform. You haven't got time to be goofing around with a bajillion controls, where 99.5% of the choices will never be used.

Cagey said:
swarfrat said:

What's this "we" stuff? You got a mouse in your pocket? <grin>

I'm a strong advocate of simplifying guitar controls. These kids who want 12 knobs and 37 switches make me laugh. They've clearly never been on stage under pressure to perform. You haven't got time to be goofing around with a bajillion controls, where 99.5% of the choices will never be used.
Don't be hatin' on knobs and switches just cause you'd have to get out your reading glasses to see them... :glasses9:

Street Avenger said:
ONE knob, ONE switch. 'Nuff SAID.
Normally I agree, but there are some instances that require a few more, but not many. I was just prodding cagey....
stickpoke.gif

Nightclub Dwight said:
No offense meant to the OP, but whenever I see that registered trademark symbol in a post I always feel like I am reading corporate ad copy instead of a trusted friend's informal message board post.

Sorry about that. I tend to share - what I think is usefull and/or interesting information - as well as I Iike others to do the same on foras like these. And I am too lazy to rewrite the commercial texts I find. On the other hand I trust anyone here to read through that and make their own opinion - which the reactions in this thread clearly indicates  :icon_biggrin:

I am not affiliated with EBMM or any other music company. I'm just a guitar geek who loves fiddeling 'round with new toys and gadgets.

Back