The Game Changer® - New from EBMM at Namm 2011

DangerousR6 said:
Don't be hatin' on knobs and switches just cause you'd have to get out your reading glasses to see them... :glasses9:

I don't need reading glasses. I need glasses to keep from tripping over my own feet. I'm so near-sighted I can't recognize my own family members from 3 feet away. But, the good lord compensated me in other ways, so I'm not going to complain.

As noted above, it sounds similar to the ToneShaper to me - which is just basically a way for folks who can't solder to try out and configure different options.

I'm curious to see how they implemented it. It's always a struggle between options/versatility vs. ease-of-use (and how easy it is to get from sound A to sound B).

SustainerPlayer said:
“The Game Changer® is the most significant innovation our company has developed,” said Sterling Ball, CEO of Ernie Ball Music Man.

Uh huh huh huh huh... you said, "Sterling Ball".

Cagey said:
DangerousR6 said:
Don't be hatin' on knobs and switches just cause you'd have to get out your reading glasses to see them... :glasses9:

I don't need reading glasses. I need glasses to keep from tripping over my own feet. I'm so near-sighted I can't recognize my own family members from 3 feet away. But, the good lord compensated me in other ways, so I'm not going to complain.
Your nearsightedness is playing tricks on you... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
Your nearsightedness is playing tricks on you... :laughing11:

No, actually my vision is corrected to 20/10. I can see better than most people. But, I have to wear the glasses to get that. Otherwise, I fall down, go boom. Even with the glasses, I fall down more than I'd like. I don't have as much control over my left side as your typical human. If I ever get in a band again, I'm going to have to have a stool or something onstage to sit on. I'm not complaining, though. I'm happy to be able to walk.

Game Changer?   Um.... I thought I already built it?  ;-)
green-warmoth-strat.jpg

Sorry EBMM, you guys are few years too late. :)

Ready for a 5 chapter video marathon?

You can skip to 5:21 ...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDuAarSEPcA[/youtube]

SustainerPlayer said:
Ready for a 5 chapter video marathon?

You can skip to 5:21 ...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDuAarSEPcA[/youtube]

Ok, so although there are supposedly 8 million combinations with 6 coils(are they including the piezo in that?), you can only have 10 between the two banks, and of those two banks you can only choose from 15 combinations total?    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but 15 total sounds is less than 8 million. :)  Or is that 15 unique sounds per switch bank setting (10 x 15 = 150 sounds?)  Are any of those repeated?

And.... whatever you choose, you have no idea what the sound actually is (split, phases, series, etc), all you know is the sound is pleasing to you.

Honesetly, it's a really cool idea, I love that they've created a circuit board that'll route the signal anywhere you want.  It's something that I'd had in mind for years. 

My guitar has 31 sounds(no phase or nothing), and at any given time I know exactly what's happening.  The switch is up, it's series, the switch is in the middle it's single, etc..  It just seems as if you're flying blind with this setup.  What if you find a sound you like and save over it, how do you know how to get back?  There's no visual of what you're using.  Maybe if you could plug it into a computer via usb and select what you wanted, or saw what you were selecting.

Anyway... it's still kinda cool.  Dumb name though, and... Blues Saraceno rules. :)

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Imagine an amp with 12 knobs and no labels.  This makes as much sense as that.  My hands and eyes also need to know what my ears do.
OMG, you just revolutionized the guitar amplifier....You're a genius...... :icon_thumright:

Back