Kashmir

mayfly

Epic Member
Prelude:

Well, this has been quite the journey!  Almost 6 months of planning, many hours of labour, and 4 threads at the forum.  But now the moment is at hand.

For those new to the forum, it all started when I found some green metallic wrapping paper at a local paper joint.
That little topic was covered in this thread -> http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6839.0

Then I got serious enough to get a cheap tele body from the showcase, route it for a b-bender, and apply the paper. 
That was detailed here -> http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=7465.0

Then I got smart and handed things off to Tonar, who took my, er, less than perfect start and really turned it into something.
That little thread is here -> http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=7685.0

During all that time, the guitar got a name:  Kashmir.  That little episode was discussed here
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=7856.0

Now Kashmir has life, breath, and a searing cut-yer-head-off tele tone (not to mention good looks). 

Read on!

Chapter 1:  The Box.  Imagine a Black Monolith on the surface of the moon.  Cue Music!

Daaaaaaaa...
5131_105811132111_527102111_2826478_3403721_n.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
5131_105811137111_527102111_2826479_2512412_n.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
5131_105811147111_527102111_2826480_3888310_n.jpg

Daaa Daaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! (Boom-Boom Boom-Boom Boom-Boom Boom-Boom)
5131_105811152111_527102111_2826481_3422914_n.jpg

To satisfy those with, er, urges,  here's a shot with the neck and pickguard placed on it.  

5131_105811167111_527102111_2826483_2437718_n.jpg

More to come...

Looking better.  I was concerned by the body alone shot that the burst was too wide.  That is why I want to see the completed guitar.  It's looking better with the other pieces added in.  :icon_thumright:

Wow thats just knocked me out, hate green but love this with the paisley
Maybe i even had a shirt or 2 looked like that way back.

:icon_thumright:

So. Freakin. Cool.

And just so you know, I was 'playing' the music in my head as I looked at each picture. The last one was so majestic!

DocNrock said:
Looking better.  I was concerned by the body alone shot that the burst was too wide.  That is why I want to see the completed guitar.  It's looking better with the other pieces added in.   :icon_thumright:

In real life, you can see more of the paisley pattern in the burst as well - so the burst does not appear as wide.

Yes, it looks much better face to face!

I have a gig this afternoon, so sadly further updates will have to wait until a bit later.

But there will be updates...  :headbang:

It’s good to see it back home! I want to thank Trevor for trusting me with his guitar!

I would have liked the burst edge narrower also but the extreme texture of the paper required a lot of material to create somewhat of a smooth transition between the side of the guitar and the face. He is correct that the burst looks narrower in person because you can see through the transition area better, but I still would have liked it to be more of the width it was at the black primer stage.

The green is amazing in person; pictures of it do not give you any idea of how great the color is.  It sparkles under the sun or in lights so it should look killer on stage.

I like the color of the neck.  Hurry up and get that thing together and start thrashing it.

Tonar8353 said:
It’s good to see it back home! I want to thank Trevor for trusting me with his guitar!

I would have liked the burst edge narrower also but the extreme texture of the paper required a lot of material to create somewhat of a smooth transition between the side of the guitar and the face. He is correct that the burst looks narrower in person because you can see through the transition area better, but I still would have liked it to be more of the width it was at the black primer stage.

The green is amazing in person; pictures of it do not give you any idea of how great the color is.  It sparkles under the sun or in lights so it should look killer on stage.

I like the color of the neck.  Hurry up and get that thing together and start thrashing it.

Everybody repeat after me:

"Tonar Rules!  Tonar Rules!  Tonar RUUUULES!!!!"

Back