Kahler tremolo/hybrid bridges

ols1

Do you have any experience with the Kahler tremolo/hybrid bridges? Are they any good?

Warmoth offers a bridge routing for Kahler "by special order only", what does that mean? How much does this cost? Does this routing fit all Kahler tremolo and hybrid bridges?

yeah i thought they were dis-continued years ago but i just saw one on a new guitar.
they look to be a high quality bridge. my guitar teacher had one on an old beat up guitar, maybe a jackson, the axe looked like a 1980's shred surviver. so did the teacher, oddly he didn't know much metal.

back to the point. it has rollers on the saddles so you stay in tune, fine tuners so you can use a locking nut and again stay in tune. no annoying string locks to slow down string changes. infact the strings are top loaded, very easy.
they pivot in the center if i remember right. probably not good for dive bombs. overall looks like a good bridge system. i'd try one if i found one.

DiMitriR33 said:
yeah i thought they were dis-continued years ago but i just saw one on a new guitar.
they look to be a high quality bridge. my guitar teacher had one on an old beat up guitar, maybe a jackson, the axe looked like a 1980's shred surviver. so did the teacher, oddly he didn't know much metal.

back to the point. it has rollers on the saddles so you stay in tune, fine tuners so you can use a locking nut and again stay in tune. no annoying string locks to slow down string changes. infact the strings are top loaded, very easy.
they pivot in the center if i remember right. probably not good for dive bombs. overall looks like a good bridge system. i'd try one if i found one.

actually, they are very good at divebombs. only bends arent so cool on a kahler. you can't stay in tune when you bend. that has got something to do with those rollers and the uneven stringtension. I prefer a floyd rose.

The routing is propably ok for either the 2200 or the 2200hybrid. (i cant remember if the 200 or the 2300 was the flatmount, anyway; I'm talking about the flatmount. the studmount is a WHOLE different thing, regarding the routing).

Back