Just scored a nice piece of ash on the 'bay.

CrazyGrain

Dig the straight grain on this one. Hate to cover it up.

Attachments

• straightash.JPG
    straightash.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 258
  • straightash2.JPG
    straightash2.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 252
CrazyGrain said:

Then don't. That's a beautiful piece of wood with a grain you don't often see.

Cagey said:
CrazyGrain said:

Then don't. That's a beautiful piece of wood with a grain you don't often see.

Well, I just meant the pickguard since it's a front rout. Not planning on a refinish on this one. The classic, natural ash, black guard thing is one of the 4 or 5 strats I had in mind to build when I got into this whole thing. You did the first...showcase parts, but still something really similar to what I had in mind. The second I did a few months back...used maple/maple neck and natural mahogany body that I got off a couple of different guys on TGP. Was going for a natural Charvel San Dimas kinda thing...I call it the War Dimas.  :toothy11:

So then this ash beauty pops up on the 'bay and I wasn't going to let it get away from me. $179.05 shipped, won it Sunday and it showed up Tuesday. Not too bad at all. I'll probably yank the maple/maple neck off the War Dimas (that body really needs a refinish anyway) and stick it on this one for right now.

Oh, Ok. I see. I thought you meant you were going to put an opaque finish on it.

I'd cover it with sonic blue or glue some legs on it to make an awkwardly shaped side-table.

Back