Just received my neck!!!

po_0784

Finally! Pics will be up later. It's a maple neck with kingwood fingerboard and stainless ss6100 frets  :hello2:. So glad I took those frets since the width is less than the frets on my RG7 which is a good thing for intonation but its freakin' high! (Could be even more, but im never happy hehe). Overall Finish and everything seems crazy, 5 stars to warmoth.

Sorry tons of people went to see this topic without any pictures  :( lol. The project turned into a mess... The precut nut by warmoth is way too high for proper intonation in the first frets (and playability!  :sad1:). The frets aren't leveled and polished correctly (well I know it is not supposed to! I just tried to be lucky  :icon_thumright:). I dropped my sparepartsocaster at a guitar tech....

Having played it a bit, I can say that the SS6100 are totally THE thing. They are just killer. Great height without the super wide size we see often on some "shred" guitar. Even not polished they feel great! I really dig the texas special pickups. Cool and effective except maybe the bridge pickup, too bass-shy  :sad1:. May replace it with something beefier, any idea? I have a spare SD lil 59 but Id rather find a Bass-heavy bridge single coil.

Hummmmmmm Yes, you got no answer because of the loss of pics  :laughing7:

But you should have talked with Warmoth guys before send it luthier... This is not normal to happen and they would give you a "north" to do...

one of my recent precut nuts was also much, much too high, and it took a lot of work to get it playable. Kind of irritating since you can get a cheap precut nut from stewmac and put it on yourself.  But my most recent precut nut was almost perfect, just a touch high on the treble side.
Too bad you need fretwork, I'm thinking I might take my most recent one for a touch of levelling too though - I guess it happens. Good luck and where's the pics?

Back