Just got back from the Elmira Vintage Guitar show

mayfly

Epic Member
Hey folks,

I just returned from exhibiting Mayfly products at Elmira. I didn't know what to expect, as Elmira is a pretty small town, but the show was pretty big. Sold a bunch of stuff, made introductions with several dealers, and demoed my stuff to about 500 people. Also got to see a 1953 Les Paul gold top up close and personal - P90s, trapeze, Dished carve along the edges, and everything - that was a first for me. To cap things off, by buddy Darwin comes over and says "My truck is full - can you carry some things back to Ottawa for me?" Those 'things' turned out to be a '62 tele and a '48 Gibson flattop. I was thinking as I was driving "those guitars are probably worth more than this truck ..."

was a good trip! :)
IMG_20230423_090206_761_loRes.jpgIMG_20230423_090305_391_loRes.jpgIMG_20230423_134705_801_loRes.jpgIMG_20230423_134724_568_loRes.jpgIMG_20230424_141247_531LoRes.jpg

Sweet! That round-shouldered Gibby is lovely as can be.

How much for a Mayfly Audio Systems t-shirt? Whenever you release your reverb pedal, you can put me down for the pedal and a coordinating t-shirt.

You gotta give us more warning the next time you go to a gear show. Put it here first! Though I'm not sure I'd make it to Elmira, ON. Anyway ... love guitar shows. If you go to any down south let us know.

Whose the guy in the Mayfly shirt and hat?

Last edited:
Sweet! That round-shouldered Gibby is lovely as can be.

How much for a Mayfly Audio Systems t-shirt? Whenever you release your reverb pedal, you can put me down for the pedal and a coordinating t-shirt.
No problem! I'm getting really close with the Reverb. Hopefully this next set of PCBs will be the charm.

You gotta give us more warning the next time you go to a gear show. Put it here first! Though I'm not sure I'd make it to Elmira, ON. Anyway ... love guitar shows. If you go to any down south let us know.

Whose the guy in the Mayfly shirt and hat?
Well, I asked AA-ron to hook me up at Tacoma, but he's snubbing me - saying something about Georgians not knowing where Tacoma is or something*

The guy in the Mayfly T-shirt is John - a friend of a friend who was helping at the booth. Nice guy.

* this totally never happened.

Well, I asked AA-ron to hook me up at Tacoma, but he's snubbing me - saying something about Georgians not knowing where Tacoma is or something*
well he's not the only one on the forums that is located super close to that show... just saying.

Back