Jimbo-caster.

jimbo

My first warmoth project is nearly complete!
Need a little more setup fine tuning, a 5-way toggle tip, and some graphtech string trees and it'll be complete.

Body:
Chambered Swamp ash with Flame Maple top
Black dye finish with DT Clear Masked binding. H/S/H pickup route with Rec. Wilk. bridge route.

Neck:
Pau Ferro neck with Pau Ferro Fretboard and Mother of Pearl dots.
black Graphtech Tusq XL Earvana nut, 6150 frets,
standard thin contour with compound radius.

Black Pearloid H/S/H pickgaurd loaded with
EMG 85/S/81

Black Schaller mini-locking tuners.

Black Gotoh Wilkinson VS100 Tremolo

Black Schaller Strap-locks.

All black screws and hardware.

Once its 100% I'll get some good shots of it :)
So far though, its amazing. The earvana nut is noticeable. Its hard to put this thing down!

Thanks!
I'm pretty excited. I wasn't sure how well the neck would match the body, but it turned out far far better than I ever would've guessed.
The neck almost looks as if it was carved from chocolate, or maybe I'm just hungry. haha. I also now understand why people are always recommending raw necks. Its a huge difference, I'm definitely a fan.

jimbo said:
Thanks!
I'm pretty excited. I wasn't sure how well the neck would match the body, but it turned out far far better than I ever would've guessed.
The neck almost looks as if it was carved from chocolate, or maybe I'm just hungry. haha. I also now understand why people are always recommending raw necks. Its a huge difference, I'm definitely a fan.

The only thing wrong with this Strat is that its not a bass.

Those are the only shots at the moment. I'm going to take it out and get some natural light shots on thurs/fri hopefully. I'll also get some closeup/macro shots too.

Wow! Stellar!

I had considered a project very similar. How does that neck feel? I never considered a Pau Ferro for neck material. Is it heavy?

I agree it goes extremely well with the body.

Good choice on the nut, very smooth operation. What neck width did you get? I'd also like to hear about the recessed trem. What made you decide to have recessed?

-TT-

I agree with everyone here so far.  It has a very nice overall flow and looks great.  :icon_thumright:

Nice colour match.  I usually do not go for black hardware but this guitar looks really good with them.

TroubledTreble said:
Wow! Stellar!

I had considered a project very similar. How does that neck feel? I never considered a Pau Ferro for neck material. Is it heavy?

I agree it goes extremely well with the body.

Good choice on the nut, very smooth operation. What neck width did you get? I'd also like to hear about the recessed trem. What made you decide to have recessed?

-TT-

The neck feels amazing, super smooth and fast. I don't think its that heavy either, the whole guitar is under 6lbs. The neck is 1-11/16", 10-16" compound radius.
The recessed trem seems cool so far, still have to get it setup a bit better. Right now it only lifts about half a step, but I've heard it should be able to do whole-step lifts.

I don't have one yet, but I'll be taking more photos over the next few days.
Hard to put it down and pick up the camera though!

So far I'm really digging the EMG-S in the middle, and the EMG-85 in the neck. Cleans are amazing, super clear.
The EMG-81 in the bridge I'm still a little iffy on. It sounds good on clean and on distortion, but it doesn't sound quite as ballsy as the SD JB in the bridge of my les paul. I think a lot of that has to do with using the same amp/modeler settings as the LP though, so I'm pretty sure I can give it a bit more edge with some tweaking.

I'm sure as I get more time with it, I'll manage to get exactly what I'm looking for out of it.

Wow...she's fantastic. I was thinking about doing a chambered LPS in Black Dye. I could only hope it looks a sharp as this.

Back