Jerry is here!

Garrett

My Mahogany Pau Ferro top WGD body and Rosewood Ebony fret board neck! Wooo first build!!!!
Garrett011.jpg

Garrett010.jpg

Garrett012.jpg

Seymour Duncan Jazz in the Neck
Lindy Fralin Humbucker in the middle
Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge (More of an experimental humbucker setup that I may change later)
Three push/push pots for neck coil cut and bridge coil cut then a bridge on/off so I can get the normal neck+bridge together.
'59 roundback contour on the neck, which I must the neck has turned from being comfortable, into a sensual experience...oooh yeaaaa.

Ironically enough, the Dead are not dead!

And my Jaguar:Tacoma. Just for kicks
Garrett013.jpg

So I don't think the neck pocket is shimmed so I'm thinkin I'll just do a partial shim (sanded piece of wood and whatnot) instead of a full one; You guys think that'll turn out fine?

:toothy12: :cool01: :toothy12: :cool01: :toothy12:

Weird :laughing7: not my cup o' tea, but you got some great parts.That body wood 100%, 5 Star. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

and that Jag . . . sexy.

Me . . .sexier.

Blue313 said:
A tribute to Jerry, I can get behind that.  Looks sweet!  :icon_thumright:
And a tribute sorta neck plate to boot....... :icon_thumright:
index.php

Looks like a killer build there Garrett...... :eek:ccasion14:

Did they not tell you about angling the neck pocket for the Tune-o-matic bridge? :icon_scratch:

I read about it on the site, but figured they did it automatically since ya know you pretty much can't use a TOM well w/o it. But I think my shim plan will work out. I thought the pau ferro top would come out darker, BUT it looks very, very good in person so I'm definately pleased with it.

And thanks for the compliments everybody, I plan to wrap it up by the end of this weekend. I'll post some more pictures then

Garrett said:
I read about it on the site, but figured they did it automatically since ya know you pretty much can't use a TOM well w/o it. But I think my shim plan will work out. I thought the pau ferro top would come out darker, BUT it looks very, very good in person so I'm definately pleased with it.

And thanks for the compliments everybody, I plan to wrap it up by the end of this weekend. I'll post some more pictures then
If they cut the angle there's no need to shim the neck...

If you end up swapping pickups, did you consider throwing a Dimarzio Super 2 in the mix?  Jerry liked em  :icon_thumright:

Garrett said:
The neck pocket is level as my Jag.

are you sure? - did you put the neck in the pocket and look at it? If it is not angled I'd bitch at Warmoth - - they're supposed to do the angle for you.

GoDrex said:
Garrett said:
The neck pocket is level as my Jag.

are you sure? - did you put the neck in the pocket and look at it? If it is not angled I'd bitch at Warmoth - - they're supposed to do the angle for you.

I thought there was no angle routing required with the recessed TOM...  :dontknow:

No angle put in a neck pocket with a RECESSED tune-o-matic rout.

Nice guitar build you have here!

Garrett, what you may find is that your tall humbucking mounting rings are too tall for a recessesed TOM set up. You can use all short ones or even the 1/8" metal ones that actually look pretty cool. You can also sand the bottom of your tall rings shorter. I kind of like the plastic rings for that reason when you are going for perfect height for a particular build.

I didn't even see that!  :doh: I had to look really carefully to see the route for the the recessed TOM - - well that settles that. No need for a shim.

Oh alright guys! Thanks!

And when I slapped on the tall ring I was wondering (is that gonna work?) I guess a little sanding is due then.

And about the Dimarzio 2's that was my original plan, but I decided to just try something out of the box for this one.

I'll keep you updated, I plan to do most of the drilling today

Wired everything and whatnot, final pics are here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=5486.msg64855#msg64855

-FenderMan- said:
3 humbuckers, now that's a high output guitar. :guitarplayer2: :rock-on:

3 humbuckers dont necassarily mean high output :) having 2 humbuckers in series gives you a muddy sound, so thats a good reason why not to have that. 3 humbuckers just give you sheer versatility in sound.

Back