Jag Project - How long have you been waiting?

Cagey said:
It's a CBS headstock. Whaddaya want? They're almost universally hated. Even Fender doesn't do them any more, for fear of never selling another guitar.

But, good job on the pictures.

I absolutely love the CBS headstock. However, I am used to being a minority.

There's no accounting for taste. I don't like CBS headstocks and generally don't like Tele headstocks, either. Means nothing. It's just me. My taste just is different than yours. Purely subjective. I'm sure that one day when you get out of prison, you'll once again become a productive member of society  :icon_biggrin:

8khp.jpg

That IS what I'm using. :laughing7:

It's not as bad as the pictures make it look. I probably didn't even have to prime the headstock, but I figure the practice can't hurt. I'll try shaking it harder and spraying from a further distance.

You could also try letting the can sit in hot water (tap-water temperature, don't go running a double boiler) for a bit  before you spray to improve atomization and flow.  Good luck. 

ಠ_ಠ said:
It's not as bad as the pictures make it look. I probably didn't even have to prime the headstock, but I figure the practice can't hurt. I'll try shaking it harder and spraying from a further distance.

I don't know... the pictures look pretty bad. It is as Tylereot says - looks like textured ceiling. Or, maybe spray insulation, or undercoating.

You probably don't need to shake the can harder as much as longer, and as Bagman says, warming it up little bit might help. Spraying from farther away will probably make it worse. It looks like whatever it is is drying before it hits, which is what's making it speckle. If you shoot from farther away, the atomized material is just going to dry faster before it gets there and make the problem worse.

Also, you may want to remove the hole plug and the tuners, otherwise you're going to have a helluva time sanding it flat.

If they're just plugs, you may end up sorry. Among other things, they can shadow the finish spray. Plus, removing them may pull up the finish, forcing you to cry yourself to sleep. Although, you may congratulate yourself the next day for all the new cuss words you invent.

The string tree hole will still be there later, and if the tuner holes get finish in them you can always clean them up with a bit of sandpaper wrapped around a dowel or pencil or something, or you can take a rat tail file after them...

11YiYXGCLcL._SX385_.jpg

If you don't have a rat tail, you should consider getting one. That particular one is what they call a "second cut", which means it's a bit finer. They're handy for a lot of things, and cost less than $10.

Back