Jackson/Charvel Surfcaster

Ted

Now thats a body I would like to see on the Warmoth list.

I love those guitars, but they're so damn hard to find. I've never seen one "in the flesh".

sc3fsg.jpg

JSurfcasterNew.jpg

get a custom,  blow up a picture with a camera projector, and trace it and make a blue print.
and for 300 dollars cash money warmoth will make you one, of you could try it.

The website quotes:

"Basic custom bodies generally start out around $350.00 and go up from there."

I'll take a wild guess that any hollow/hollowed chambered body in one off orders would definitely be in the "up from there" category....

Still going to be expensive I guess, but at least I´m in for a Surf-body too.   
I do own a few of these, but would love to build a Warmoth one, with a few updated specs.
I´m tooling with the idea of building a Jazzmaster, but if I could have a hollow Surf instead, lightweight and all, that would be very very cool!

Why not do a hollow chambered jazzmaster? That looks pretty close, and as you can order a laminate top jazzmaster, the only custom work would be routing the chambers, that might be more affordable than going the complete Surfmaster custom way...

jackthehack said:
Why not do a hollow chambered jazzmaster? That looks pretty close, and as you can order a laminate top jazzmaster, the only custom work would be routing the chambers, that might be more affordable than going the complete Surfmaster custom way...

That´s a good idea, I just didn´t think of it because a hollow Jazzmaster isn´t listed as an option. Time to think a bit outside the regular stuff I guess.
The edges of a Jazzmaster is also rounded a bit, and it features comfort countours, a Surfcaster dont..
I like comfort :)
But I love Surfcasters

IMG_0715.jpg

kruneh said:
jackthehack said:

That´s a good idea, I just didn´t think of it because a hollow Jazzmaster isn´t listed as an option. Time to think a bit outside the regular stuff I guess.
The edges of a Jazzmaster is also rounded a bit, and it features comfort countours, a Surfcaster dont..
But I love Surfcasters

IMG_0715.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*Speechless....*

I absolutely love the red and tangerine axes. But they are all pretty damn special. Great collection.

When ordering custom you can omit the comfort contours on bodies like j'masters/strats that have them, or add them to Teles.

I guess when you find something you like you stick with it!

The Charvel Surf was made first half of the 90s, I think retail was close to US$1000, probably sold new for around 7-800 or so.
Nowadays, used, approx +/- 1100.

Dude kruneh....  I'm lovin' the burst in the bottom left corner.  Absolutly gorgeous! :eek:  They've even got the toggle switch on the bottom horn where all toggle switches should have always been put.  :kewlpics:

The burst down left is actually a replica from GBR guitars, they´re on eBay for 600US$, all new. They´re missing that nice "vintage" feel of the original, but they´re pretty cool nevertheless.

Both the black ones are 12 strings, the one on the floor is Jackson, the other is the more sought after Charvel.
I was in heaven when I got the oppurtunity to buy the doubleneck. They´re very rare, and even though I know there´s been a couple of them for sale the past few years, this is the first I´ve seen up for sale myself.

Back on topic, does anyone know thef difference in size Surfcaster vs Jazzmaster?
I´ve barely touched a Jazzmater, but they look pretty big, the Surf is actually kinda small.

i worked at modern music in my sister town we were a jackson/ charvel dealer when these came out we got 6 of them and coulndnt give them away
they sound amazing and play awsome i liked them way more than any other jackson. i had a red one loved it alas it was lost in my divorce

i think they are beautifull and the sound is rock and roll
you sure have a super colection of these thanks for sharing the pics

kruneh said:
jackthehack said:

But I love Surfcasters

IMG_0715.jpg
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, Surfcaster heaven.........The surfcaster is one of my absolute favorites of the Jackson/Charvel line...... :icon_thumright:

I really wanted one of the 12-strings when the Jackson version was first made, but I had no money at the time. I really like the body shape and so think it would be great if Warmoth were to offer it.

Jeremiah said:
I really wanted one of the 12-strings when the Jackson version was first made, but I had no money at the time. I really like the body shape and so think it would be great if Warmoth were to offer it.
The doubleneck gets me all warm and fuzzy inside.... :hello2:

Back