It's here!

Livingston

Yay!  I just got my black tele!  I'm very excited, but also a little scared to start.  This is my first Warmoth.

2850411840_627a9611cb_b.jpg

I have another one coming exactly the same with white double body binding and neck binding, but it's taking longer.

NonsenseTele

Veeeeeeeeeeery nice!!  :blob7:

Are you letting the pink sticky? It matches fine the guitar  :laughing7:

Livingston

mayfly said:
WOW!  that's really really nice.  Is that an ebony fingerboard?

Yeah!  I forgot the stats.  

Mahogany body
AAA Birdseye Maple neck
Ebony Fingerboard (6105 frets)
SST Routing (top routed)
I have two Fralin High Output single coils, and a DiMarzio Chopper sitting in there in the picture.

I'm really happy with the job they did.  It's amazing!  That matching headstock paint looks great!  :toothy12:

Livingston

NonsenseTele said:
Veeeeeeeeeeery nice!!  :blob7:

Are you letting the pink sticky? It matches fine the guitar  :laughing7:

Hehe, it does!  Doesn't it?  :icon_tongue:  I probably won't, but I've mostly just been looking at it since yesterday.  Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to get in there and put it all together.

NeilStryker

:hello2:  bravo!  that thing is classy and mean...  like wearing snakeskin cowboy boots with a black suit. 
"i hope yer fat... cuz well, most tele pickers are fat!"    hahah.   

Livingston

Neil Stryker said:
:hello2:   bravo!   that thing is classy and mean...   like wearing snakeskin cowboy boots with a black suit.   
"i hope yer fat... cuz well, most tele pickers are fat!"    hahah.   

I better start eating then!  I'm 6', 140 lbs.  :O

SlingBass

Congrats - I can appreciate an instrument that's lean, mean, clean, and ready for business!  Enjoy
niceaxe.gif

ivar

Very nice Tele!
First thing that drop into my mind, as I saw the pic, is a Beatles-song:
"It's a clean machine
(Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes")

Ivar

I'm used to seeing all of these AAA dyed tops and spalted this and that.  This is a reminder that solid colors are beautiful too.  I like the painted headstock.  I can't wait to see the bound one.  Don't be intimidated about the assembly.  The hardest parts are already drilled; the neck and the bridge.  Take your time, that's part of the fun.  Don't rush it.  I like to put down masking tape where the holes are to be drilled and mark with a pencil, then make a starter hole with an awl or punch, without pressure.  Remove the tape after drilling and it's much cleaner.

ByteFrenzy

The pink sticker comes off with the protective film. Yes, there's a protective film on the pickguard. I don't remember what it was, but I once discovered that on some electronic gadget that I owned there was a strip of chrome covered by a protective film. I only saw that as I was removing the batteries to throw it away when it died after years of use...