It's been fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
tfarny said:
Didn't mean to sound like I was getting down on you, Trevor - just this thread in general has taken a real annoying turn. If I started micro-analyzing everything I owned for tiny flaws that in no way affect functionality, my warmoths would come off better than just about anything else in my house. I don't think this 6-page thread has even IDed one real significant flaw in a W product, actually, but I'm not about to re-read it all to check.  :icon_thumright:

Let be very very clear about the problem that started this thread.  The flaw at the neck pocket of the Deluxe body I received was unacceptable, and the photo just doesn't do it justice.  It was clearly visible even with the neck seated in the pocket.  If I were to sell this guitar, and I intend too, I am certain that a potential buyer would notice it immediately, especially since it is located right next to the side adjustment.  I can just hear a person say, "Hey what's this for? The truss ... Whoa! What happened to the paint here?"

FYI, Warmoth still hasn't shipped the new body.  On Wednesday it will be three weeks since I shipped it back.

Phrygian said:
FYI, Warmoth still hasn't shipped the new body.  On Wednesday it will be three weeks since I shipped it back.

The finishing process is a tedious one at best.
[

quote author=tfarny link=topic=10219.msg138025#msg138025 date=1259614559]
I don't think this 6-page thread has even IDed one real significant flaw in a W product, actually, but I'm not about to re-read it all to check.  :icon_thumright:
[/quote]

I know everyone believes they're special, but I think my Jazzmaster that came with a competition stripe when it was supposed to have a racing stripe (and the invoice said racing stripe) is a real and significant flaw.  :eek:ccasion14:

That said, don't think of my pointing that out as complaining - I love my other Warmoth Jazzmaster, though, and can't wait to get my hands on my tele.

exalted said:
I know everyone believes they're special, but I think my Jazzmaster that came with a competition stripe when it was supposed to have a racing stripe (and the invoice said racing stripe) is a real and significant flaw.

thats very true. definitely a big one, like asking for one solid color and getting another similar color.

i bought a Tele Deluxe body this afternoon and i'm having it painted (so it won't be shipped quite as quickly) but i'll look it over pretty well when it arrives too. of course i'll HAVE to look it over because i'll be doing some drooling over it, but i'll try my best to criticize anything i see, too  :icon_biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back