It was great - and it was annoying!

SustainerPlayer said:
Well - you could dub something in and make one of those "mayfly shreds"-videos  :icon_jokercolor:

thats an amazing idea!! Have you seen the " kiss shreds" one, I nearly wet myself watchin this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5oJoUYTb8

mayfly said:
Hokay,  I threw on the album version of the audio - but the sync sucks.  we're playing faster on the record than we did live.

If anyone can fix it, I'd be eternally grateful

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=bz1xyJakRww&feature=channel[/youtube]

Yea ... you're getting the idea. When it syncs up it's happenin'!
... but where's all the footage of the Italian biker chicks riding Motoguzzi's ...?  :headbang1:

I think the way to fix something like this is to add not only audio but other footage. Any footage, even if it's the band at a diner after a gig, or riding in the band truck ... other ideas or any ideas ... just think of it like an MTV production. You can even add still frames ( photos ) or 3D modeling.
The other footage and media doesn't have to match anything. I'd just think "story line" and try to get something happening there.
The story seems to be in the music. ... footage of hands scissors and a heart drawn on paper ... anything related to the story, and other footage of bar gigs?

... then ...be like jack the ripper with a virtual razor blade in your NLE and slice and dice it with a lot of short(er) clips of the live performance interlaced with all the other other visual media.
You can then slide the footage to get as close to sync as possible ( you're now using the new audio track as your time reference ) and cut away to other footage and back etc. never really having to sync with the concert for more than 3 or 4 seconds. The sliced clips will also be stretchable so you can slow the concert footage down by the individual slices. I'd not want to try it for the whole long clip you got from the tv station but when you're doing it wih 3 second clips you can get away with almost anything. Then gloss it up a bit with some lighting adjustments to the live footage if possible and you've got a finished vid.

Sony "Vegas" has 2 versions that are home user oriented and not that expensive if you don't have a non linear editor.
The only down side to the cheap ones is 16bit audio ( and no 24bit ... possibly also no 48,000K sample rate ... only 44.1 ... not sure ) and a track limit of about 8 ( I think it's 8 )

WOW mayfly, you guys sound like a real band.

I love you guys, and you can sing too. You should go on a usa tour.  Let us know when you get as far south as seattle

Yeah, and if you ever get into NC, I'll buy a ticket. Just make your live shows have the movement and music sync a bit better  :laughing7:

Max said:
Yeah, and if you ever get into NC, I'll buy a ticket. Just make your live shows have the movement and music sync a bit better  :laughing7:

Just for you Max  :icon_jokercolor:

Back