It Might Get Loud

Yeah, I don't mean the garage rock thing as a slam so much.  I just don't like people who try too hard to act like something for a less than authentic reason.  That's my bag.  He's a good performer.

-Mark

tfarny said:
Anyhow, if the movie sucked, none of this would be of any interest - the move dug up all these different approaches, which we can have opinions on and discuss, which makes it a cool movie. The Edge did look like he had never had a slide on his finger before, that part was a bit funny. He put it on his middle finger, and it wouldn't even fit over his knuckle.

which is weird because the first song I ever heard by them features a slide part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GyTdo1nGO0

still sounds cool today

Haha!
he wore it in the same funny way and just kind of slid it around the fretboard randomly to get some ambient sound. Same deal! Funny. Sounds cool, great song, don't get me wrong, but it's not exactly Jerry Douglas now is it.  :icon_biggrin:

I hate this. I can't find anywhere locally to buy it. Gonna buy something online again... for the 3rd time this week.

I had the same problem.  Everywhere locally kept either selling out too fast or not getting any copies.  I ended up going to Amazon for it.

For me, one of the more interesting scenes were the times when page was playing something, and edge and white perk up, focus on his hands and then there's the interchange of musical ideas.  I know I do that all the time when I'm playing with someone, but to see these guys do it was very interesting.

Blue313 said:
I had the same problem.  Everywhere locally kept either selling out too fast or not getting any copies.  I ended up going to Amazon for it.

Should be available in most any Redbox kiosk for $1/night?

jackthehack said:
Blue313 said:

Should be available in most any Redbox kiosk for $1/night?
Wasn't in mine for whatever reason, but I scored a DVD copy for $7 on Amazon.  It was worth it to own a copy of Jimmy playing Kashmir on his Danelectro.

The best part is seeing Jimmy Page looking like a kid while listening to Link Wray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upxO8MtuKMM

GoDrex said:
The best part is seeing Jimmy Page looking like a kid while listening to Link Wray.
The commentary track for that scene was cool.  They said this session in Jimmy's record room lasted all afternoon, from one cool song to another.

I saw this in the theatre, with my GF.  Advise: don't bother watching with GF.  Jack, Jimmy, and Edge all do a fine job.  Remember, these are seasoned guitarists and don't have to talk to much day to day, just stand and perform, so doing a movie is outside the box.  Notice how they behave without guitars.  They're way cooler with their guitars in hand.  Highly recommended.  :icon_thumright:     

I've seen vids of excerpts on You Tube, and tbh, I am impressed with the way the 3 stars are so open about their playing and the way they do things. Edge's sheepishly explaining that it's just two basic chords before unleashing all his FX to make the classic U2 song, is damn good honesty. Also the way both Jack White and The Edge ( The Edge stands up and moves to a better viewing position so he can see Page's hands better!) spark up and watch like we'd all watch, when Page revs up Whole Lotta Love right before them... gold!

Gotta say I rarely ask for any Birthday gifts but if anyone asks this year, this is on my wishlist.

Back