Is this worth much?

Mor Paul

Epic Member
I was talking with a friend's dad about records, and after talking about the Beatle's butcher album, the Words and somethingorother by VeeJay records, the Beatles Demo, and other stuff, we started talking about guys we'd never be able to see in concert. Jimi, Lennon, Floyd with Rick Wright, Little Feat, and then Lynyrd with the original crew. He said the Street Survivors record is pretty rare with the flames on the cover. They were removed after the crash, which happened only days after the record's release.

Any clue how much this is worth?

They were indeed taken off the market after the crash, but a good many of them were already out there.  It is not exceedingly rare.  I have one, but the last time I saw one for sale, it was going for around 15 bucks.  It's cool though, so keep it!

Well, $15 is about $14 more than I pay for most records. Not counting the 150 records I took from my parents. In my defense, they hadn't been used for 15 years or so, I think. Doesn't that make them public domain or whatever? :p

Lynyrd Skynyrd was my first favorite band. The one that got me into the old music. It's a keeper because of that.

On a barely related note...I just today scored three records whose covers are some of my favorites.  Two of these I already have, but the covers were practically mutilated, so I bought them again.  Yes I am sick.  Anyway, the three I got today are Animals-Pink Floyd, Yessongs-Yes, and the Steppenwolf album Monster, that has one of the coolest covers ever.  Anyway, my kids were with me when I bought them, and in the car on the way home, they were checcking out these incredible works of album cover art, and they started to tell me that they thought these were sooo much cooler than any CD they had ever seen.  They went on to say that they really wanted to hear what each one sounded like because the art on the cover was just so (my word here)  Intruiging.  I told them that that could certainly be worked out.  Heee Heee.  My kids are gonna be so cool!  Oops, I think I meant to say that they are going to be so warped.

The Steppenwolf album "For Ladies Only" has a pretty interesting gatefold photo.

:icon_tongue:

guitlouie said:
On a barely related note...I just today scored three records whose covers are some of my favorites.  Two of these I already have, but the covers were practically mutilated, so I bought them again.  Yes I am sick.  Anyway, the three I got today are Animals-Pink Floyd, Yessongs-Yes, and the Steppenwolf album Monster, that has one of the coolest covers ever.  Anyway, my kids were with me when I bought them, and in the car on the way home, they were checcking out these incredible works of album cover art, and they started to tell me that they thought these were sooo much cooler than any CD they had ever seen.  They went on to say that they really wanted to hear what each one sounded like because the art on the cover was just so (my word here)  Intruiging.  I told them that that could certainly be worked out.  Heee Heee.  My kids are gonna be so cool!  Oops, I think I meant to say that they are going to be so warped.

If your kids actually listen to the records, then yes. They will be cool. I feel sorry for the folks who have no clue who Pink Floyd is. I need to get Animals... That's where the Pink Floyd Pig came from, right?

Guitlouie, we'll need to compare and maybe trade records sometime. Don't let your kids learn as much trivia as me, or they will completely miss "cool."  :icon_jokercolor:

Back