is this a fake, or an old one?

Orpheo

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warmoth-Les-Paul-Body-and-Neck-Nitro-Lacquer_W0QQitemZ300331189130QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item45ed22438a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A16%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#ht_500wt_1182

the turtle is correct, but the brand doesnt say 'warmoth' and should be tipped over 90 degrees to the right, but then again, this MIGHT be an older body...

The control route is too big, bigger than the current ones at least, and the peghead shape doesn't look right to me.

tfarny said:
The control route is too big, bigger than the current ones at least, and the peghead shape doesn't look right to me.

the control route is ok. I've seen that many more times, to be more exact, I've got it on 4 les pauls, the exact same one, so thats no biggy. the headsotck shape is correct too, for I believe an older version...but just checkin'.

i think warmoth has changed the LP peghead shape... i'm sure somebody could say for sure, but i wanted to build an LP a few years ago but HATED the gibson-style headstock warmoth offered. now it looks great.

about the body, i have no idea. but it does look great

Looks like older Warmoth parts, can't tell from neck pics, but I have an older body with that type of neck pocket logo and have seen others.....

Here's my body:

Jbasskoaf.JPG

duke800.jpg

see it here too. i guess its genuine. well, fine. placed a bid! if I get overbid, too bad. if I win, I get a lovely les paul for my collection! 'give me a red head give me a brunette, its all the same to me!' (alice cooper). IF I win, she'll get a mahogany neck/ebony board (included with the guitar!) and for the pickups, seth lovers.

Back