Sweet Jesus.

If only that was a Strat! :sad:
That might be the best Quilt Maple finish I've ever seen on a Warmoth.

This listing (260449081134) has been removed, or this item is not available.

jerryjg said:
Was that the Donky Butt Guitar with sim;lated gray and white hide?

No, it was a Les Paul with the most awesome fireburst (what was the name of the finish?) Quilt Maple top ever!

Sorry I missed it.  I am planning a fireburst LP for my next build.
I have noticed there is quite a difference in the coloration of various fireburst.  Some are almost all red, while some have gold, orange, and red.  I am looking for the gold, orange, and red. 
If anyone saved a pic of this axe, please post!!!
:rock-on:

I just did a browse through the Warmoth builds on Ebay.  I think this is the LP of discussion.  It looks like the item # has changed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WARMOTH-LP-SHEPTONE-PRIVATE-STOCK-QUILT-ROSEWOOD_W0QQitemZ260449964054QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3ca4071016&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A2149|293%3A1|294%3A50

Sweet Mary Mother of Jesus, this is a beauty...  :glasses9:

Picture12.png

Read through the description and I think you will find it is worth every penny they are asking.  If I had the spare bank, I would jump all over this girl...
:rock-on:

dude.... wtf? look at this one:

03042008037.jpg

my pics aren't as nice, but it looks exactly like my fireburst quilt top LP with padouk neck...

03032008108.jpg

and I payed not 1850$ for it (its relisted by the way), but 950$... 600$ for the body, 230$ for the neck (with abalone inlay), no scalloping though (don't like it), and 100$ for the pickups, and the rest I had laying around.

That's the one bblack.  The description says someone else did the finish.  Still, freaking glorious.

Orpheo said:

03042008037.jpg

my pics aren't as nice, but it looks exactly like my fireburst quilt top LP with padouk neck...

03032008108.jpg

and I payed not 1850$ for it (its relisted by the way), but 950$... 600$ for the body, 230$ for the neck (with abalone inlay), no scalloping though (don't like it), and 100$ for the pickups, and the rest I had laying around.

Wow!!!

Opheo, that is one sweet pair of LP's you have there.  You have done some fantastic work on those babes!
How long ago did you do these builds?  I have done the math on a similar build for myself as your Fire Burst and cannot come up with those rates.  :icon_scratch:

The rates went up a bit a while back in the showcase.  My bengal burst LP that was up for sale a while back was only $650 when I bought it last march.

Lucky #007 said:
The rates went up a bit a while back in the showcase.  My bengal burst LP that was up for sale a while back was only $650 when I bought it last march.

Damn... I mean shucks... Sorry I missed out on that offer!
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

bbl4ck said:
Orpheo said:

03042008037.jpg

03032008108.jpg

Wow!!!

Opheo, that is one sweet pair of LP's you have there.  You have done some fantastic work on those babes!
How long ago did you do these builds?  I have done the math on a similar build for myself as your Fire Burst and cannot come up with those rates.  :icon_scratch:

I know, but for me, it wasn't fair ;) the body was cheap, and the neck even cheaper! 650 and 230 or 245, something like that. really bargains. showcase blowouts. I was lurking for those for weeks (body and necks) and when I was ready to order, the body I wanted, was sold! just right under my nose. so, I went with something over the top, and this was it. and boy, she sounds and feels GREAT. I made them march 2008 by the way. the fireburst is hollowed out with a padouk neck and ebony board with yellow and red streaking, the other one is solid with a wenge neck and ebony board (but with less streaks).

Back