Is it just me?

mullyman

Or does the Warmoth site seem like it really hasn't added much to the inventory in the Showcase since the sale? Was that a "spring cleaning" type thing for them? Is the economy so bad that they've downsized the inventory and focusing more on full orders? Just curious because I check in there all the time and I'm not seeing much, if anything, new.
MULLY

I like to think it is just spring cleaning to move parts out to customers and make more shelf space for newer production pieces.

However, in most business environment, a major sale means getting cash flow for servicing banks or perhaps updating equipment and expansion.

For us, we just have lesser frontiers to scour, browse and GAS over those pieces of wood we fondly call guitars.

I've started GASing over the solid finishes recently, a nice sonic blue or alpine white is starting to look good. It's like when your ears get tired and you just want to listen to Willie Nelson or something, or you've been wine tasting all day and just want a nice beer.
ps4568A.jpg

tfarny said:
I've started GASing over the solid finishes recently, a nice sonic blue or alpine white is starting to look good. It's like when your ears get tired and you just want to listen to Willie Nelson or something, or you've been wine tasting all day and just want a nice beer.
ps4568A.jpg

Funny you should post that photo. I have one just like it. And I gotta tell ya, EVERYONE drools over this thing when they see it face to face. It really is striking and photos don't even come close to doing it any justice.
MULLY

4298955039_c3c1a35df2.jpg

mullyman said:
Is the economy so bad that they've downsized the inventory and focusing more on full orders?

From what I hear, they're quite busy with new custom orders now.  I think they're doing okay.

Haha I've been checking periodically for new bodies and necks

We're just a bunch of nerds

tubby.twins said:
mullyman said:
Is the economy so bad that they've downsized the inventory and focusing more on full orders?

From what I hear, they're quite busy with new custom orders now.  I think they're doing okay.
Okay, what did you order now, tubby.twins?  :toothy10:

SustainerPlayer said:
Well their RSS-feed shows new necks and bodies regularly?

MULLY ... uh ... that guitar ...  :icon_thumright:

Good photos coming soon, man. I want to enter it in the guitar of the month thread.
MULLY

Death by Uberschall said:
I wanna know where all the awesome Unique Choice tops are being hidden???  :icon_scratch:

I can tell you they are hiding a Black Korina top with nice red streaks in it. When I ordered mine there were two choices--the one I just mentioned for $100 and the one I ordered and recvd for $50. I recvd the correct top but they took the wrong pic down. So if you go to strat black  Korina tops you still see a pic of the one I have, not the one that they likely still have.

mullyman said:
Funny you should post that photo. I have one just like it. And I gotta tell ya, EVERYONE drools over this thing when they see it face to face. It really is striking and photos don't even come close to doing it any justice.
MULLY

4298955039_c3c1a35df2.jpg

Mully, that thing is incredible! Pure awesomness!  :eek:ccasion14:
What are the specs on this particular geetar m8?

Chambered body, black korina back and top. Alpine white with natural masked binding. Flame maple neck with ebony fingerboard. Stainless steel 6105 frets. Vintage pearl pickguard. Fender American Standard tremolo, bone nut, Schaller locking tuners. Bridge DiMarzio Super Distortion, middle Van Zandt Blues, neck Van Zandt Blues. This has become my main guitar. Oh, the neck back contour is standard thin and the fingerboard radius is Warmoth's compound radius. Very comfortable to play.
MULLY
did I mention that the neck and fingerboard feel like butter?

Not much appeared on RSS for a while. But I figured that might be due to no one working over the holidays, adding a few weeks (especially for finished stuff)...

I'm sure they also were busy with a lot of custom stuff to go with sale bodies/necks.

This week seemed more normal.

drewfx

exaN said:
Haha I've been checking periodically for new bodies and necks

We're just a bunch of nerds

That is a fact; aficionado nerds we are!

Back