Inspired by Silver Sky

I ran out of sandpaper today  :doh:. I finished spraying the primer and got several coats of clear on the neck. Sandpaper from Stewmac arrives on Thursday. So, until then....

Found a couple sheets of 320 and I was able to level sand the primer and spray color. Here is the body with three coats of white.

WA3wDSC.jpg

JPOL007 said:
Nice finish and awesome fur babies :headbang:

Thanks, I’ve been wrestling with the white base coat(s). I finally got it to the point where I am ready to spray the ghost pearl. I just need 1 more level sand with 600 and then the pearl goes on. I’ll post a pic of that once it is satisfactory. The last bits of the parts are arriving soon. I am still waiting on a custom decal, which is starting to hold up progress on the neck.

Here are the first 2 coats of the ghost indigo, really happy with the result so far. Still deciding if I want a third coat or if it is time to proceed to clear.

ZbLGQTe.jpg

I've done a lot of work on this over the last couple of weeks. Here is where I am with a mock-up of the final guitar.

All I have left is to finish wiring the pickguard (waiting on a replacement for a defective pickup), install the inserts in the neck (waiting for a friend with a drill press), bolt up the neck, install the nut, drill the strap lock, truss rod cover, and pickguard holes, fret level and set-up and it's good to go.

YOfVdGv.jpg

I have a transparent white ghost pearl over Ash body in the curing closet at the moment. First time I ever shot pearl, I think I am addicted. I expected it to bag and run and gum up my gun but it gave not a single problem.

This is sweet, nice work.

Great looking strat! I love the Warmoth headstock design, much more than the standard Fender headstock. The paint job looks great.

Your pack of dogs look like so much fun!  :bananaguitar:

Back