I'm terrible.

line6man said:
Cagey said:
They don't need to be reefed in like lag bolts holding a work bench together. They're just there to keep the machine heads from turning, not to hold the things in. So, some of the rules you'd normally follow to run in a fastener aren't pertinent. It's not a fastener, per se. It's just an alignment enforcing device.

Exactly.

When you're putting screws in your headstock, though, make sure you WAX them well. It can mean the difference between a screw getting stuck and possibly breaking off, and going in smoothly.

I use wax from the Steve Vai signature meditation candles. That wax has a much better tone than standard candle wax. (Make sure to utter a short prayer first, to envoke the spirits of the guitar gods to materialize into the wax.) :blob7:

I bet Eric Johnson could tell what temperature the wax was burned at.....  :laughing7:

line6man said:
Cagey said:
They don't need to be reefed in like lag bolts holding a work bench together. They're just there to keep the machine heads from turning, not to hold the things in. So, some of the rules you'd normally follow to run in a fastener aren't pertinent. It's not a fastener, per se. It's just an alignment enforcing device.

Exactly.

When you're putting screws in your headstock, though, make sure you WAX them well. It can mean the difference between a screw getting stuck and possibly breaking off, and going in smoothly.

I use wax from the Steve Vai signature meditation candles. That wax has a much better tone than standard candle wax. (Make sure to utter a short prayer first, to envoke the spirits of the guitar gods to materialize into the wax.) :blob7:

LOL

line6man said:

Whatever works for you. I use beeswax from Robin Trower's incense-fumigated farm in Blighty, where he only grows Napa Valley grapes, clover, petunias and honeysuckle bushes. Those are some happy bees, I can tell you, and they make the best wax. Or, I may have gotten it from Production Tool Supply. I can't remember.

Cagey said:
line6man said:

Whatever works for you. I use beeswax from Robin Trower's incense-fumigated farm in Blighty, where he only grows Napa Valley grapes, clover, petunias and honeysuckle bushes. Those are some happy bees, I can tell you, and they make the best wax.

Pfft, Steve Vai is a beekeeper (Really.), where do you think he gets the wax for his signature meditation candles?
You have to become one with the bees. Speak to them. Feel their energy. Only then can you identify the very best beeswax.

You can rave about your Robin Trower wax all you want, but when you try the Vai wax, you'll know what good tone sounds like.*

*Must use super-low action, a floating bridge and a Wizard neck.

I'm not sayin' the Vai wax isn't any good. But, this stuff's from Blighty, and when you shoot it, you'll know where that extra money went.

17296-15365.gif

Ok, gimme 3 grams of the madman.
If it's any good, I'l be back for more.

Back