I'm terrible.

Tweed

Is anyone interested in a canary neck/wenge board that I can't fix?
All that is wrong is that two of the tuner screws broke off during tightening. I've asked here and gotten some tips, but I can't the necessary tools to get them out.
How 'bout a flat $100 shipped?

Tweed said:
Is anyone interested in a canary neck/wenge board that I can't fix?
All that is wrong is that two of the tuner screws broke off during tightening. I've asked here and gotten some tips, but I can't the necessary tools to get them out.
How 'bout a flat $100 shipped?

Details, girlfriend!  As in, Strat? Tele?  Profile?  Frets?  I don't need a neck, but at the price, hey, I could be induced! 

Right. Obviously "duh" at me. I continue to be terrible.
Warmoth Pro. Standard thin. 10-16."  Corian nut. 6150 frets.

I'll take some good sunlight pics of the bad spots in the morning.

SN10240A.jpg

SN10240B.jpg

I'll take it, if no one else has beat me to it. :blob7:

Can you post a pic of the broken screw heads? I'm having a hard time believing that you're letting this go so cheap over something that simple.

What's the tuner ream?  One could conceivably leave the screws in there and get a set of machines whose anchor screws are in a different position.

Aww, man! I could just cry. I want it, but I don't need it. Plus, I'm financially embarassed at the moment.

I'd offer to fix it for you, but by the time you ship it to me, pay the $25 for the work and the return shipping charge, you might feel like you're throwing good money after bad.

But, if you really like the neck, it might be worth it to throw a few more bucks into not only letting me fix it, but getting the frets levelled/crowned/dressed/polished. That would make the shipping charges easier to take since they'd be a smaller percentage of the total cost.

Just something to think about, rather than eating a $200 loss. You'd do all that anyway, right?

Wow, I did not anticipate several people wanting my mistake. And so quickly.
Would it be more fair offer it to the first person who replied or instigate a bidding war in which I make 400% profit?  :toothy12:

This pic of the holes doesn't seem like it would help at all, but better to post than not post.
Also, the broken screws themselves, with a nondamaged one.

Tuner holes reamed for Gotoh Vintage.

Attachments

• 0722111122.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 442
  • 0722111126.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 399
Tweed said:
Wow, I did not anticipate several people wanting my mistake. And so quickly.
Would it be more fair offer it to the first person who replied or instigate a bidding war in which I make 400% profit?  :toothy12:

This pic of the holes doesn't seem like it would help at all, but better to post than not post.
Also, the broken screws themselves, with a nondamaged one.

Tuner holes reamed for Gotoh Vintage.

Come on, that is an easy fix!

If you're still selling it for $100, I'll PayPal you now. :blob7:

I really think you could do better, however.

Sell it to Line6Man. I'd rather see it go to someone on the board who'll love it and pet it and call it Michelle than some anonymous dingbat on eBay. Besides, the eBay trolls are going to give you 1,288 demerits for the broken screws, which will translate into a low sell point. Mr. Man can deal with it.

I'd use it, today.  A good friend is building a Jazzmaster and wants the neck off of my Blacktop JM.  I want a raw neck, and Canary is perfect.  If you want to sell it, I'd happily paypal you 100 bucks right now.  Feel free to PM me.  I was quite literally about to order a neck from W, and I'm very curious about Wenge as a fretboard.

-Mark

AprioriMark said:
I'd use it, today.  A good friend is building a Jazzmaster and wants the neck off of my Blacktop JM.  I want a raw neck, and Canary is perfect.  If you want to sell it, I'd happily paypal you 100 bucks right now.  Feel free to PM me.  I was quite literally about to order a neck from W, and I'm very curious about Wenge as a fretboard.

-Mark

You're too late! I hath claimed it first. :redflag:

Now there are FOUR people who really want this thing?! I've got to let down three? This anxiety is more-than-assuring me that I could NEVER be a salesman.
:sad1:
Technically, Bart PMed me first.

Not that anybody needs or wants my two cents, and nothing against Line6Man, but I think you should give it to someone who wants to make functional use of it and doesn't plan to sell it off shortly. That's kind of my gut reaction

dNA said:
Not that anybody needs or wants my two cents, and nothing against Line6Man, but I think you should give it to someone who wants to make functional use of it and doesn't plan to sell it off shortly. That's kind of my gut reaction

I really think he should sell it for what it's worth, honestly.

Sold to Black Dog, the first responder (not like an EMT), pending his acceptance reply.

Sorry for my lackluster performance on this matter. The only excuse I have is that this is literally my second sale of anything ever.
:doh:

I've got two guitars in my collection where i have never installed the tuner screws as my intent was to eventually put in dif tuners, and didn't want pre-existing holes that didnt line up.

To this day, those tuners have worked just fine, never rotated or gone outta tune, my point is, when you drill holes to screw the screws into, drill large enough holes so that the screws go in easy

They don't need to be reefed in like lag bolts holding a work bench together. They're just there to keep the machine heads from turning, not to hold the things in. So, some of the rules you'd normally follow to run in a fastener aren't pertinent. It's not a fastener, per se. It's just an alignment enforcing device.

Cagey said:
They don't need to be reefed in like lag bolts holding a work bench together. They're just there to keep the machine heads from turning, not to hold the things in. So, some of the rules you'd normally follow to run in a fastener aren't pertinent. It's not a fastener, per se. It's just an alignment enforcing device.

Exactly.

When you're putting screws in your headstock, though, make sure you WAX them well. It can mean the difference between a screw getting stuck and possibly breaking off, and going in smoothly.

I use wax from the Steve Vai signature meditation candles. That wax has a much better tone than standard candle wax. (Make sure to utter a short prayer first, to envoke the spirits of the guitar gods to materialize into the wax.) :blob7:

Back