I'll let them speak for themselves

dbw said:
After failing to find anyone who tried and DOESN'T love the RG TX/BBQ set, I'm going with it.   :guitaristgif:

I'm also going to splurge on matched pots and nice caps.  I'm going with 50's style wiring, except the volume pots will be push-pull (NOT push-push, I have those on my first Warmoth and I'm not a fan); when they're pulled up a treble bleed cap will turn on (for that pickup).

I can't wait.  :D

oh yeah...forgot to mention those too :icon_scratch: great choice! love to see the entire guitar put together

I have SD Pearly Gates in both positions of my ES-335. They are perfect for that particular instrument, I wouldn't change them for anything, period.

One thing I was wondering... what sort of leads do the RG buckers have?  Old Gibson-style, I hope?

dbw said:
One thing I was wondering... what sort of leads do the RG buckers have?  Old Gibson-style, I hope?

The Rio Grande P90 I have has the Gibson-style braided wire.

i have none of their humbuckers, so just consider me a world of non-knowledge.

:dontknow:

RG humbucker leads are near identical to SDs; 4 conductor even color coded the same way. P90 models have the braided Gibson style wiring as mentioned; single coil Tele/Strat pickups and bass pickups have black/white or black/gray plastic insulated leads.

Another note; played through a tube amp you CAN get all the cleaner/more vintage sounds/tones out of the TX/BBQ set, you just have to get used to using your volume control knobs more than you might be used to. Assuming a 500K vol pot, you can get real clean jazzy sounds (especially out of a semi-hollow body like a W L5S) up to about 4-5 and more "normal" sounds a bit higher up the dial. From 8-10 on the volume dial, it's almost like using a boost/gain pedal on lower settings on a normal output set of HBs.

Cool, sounds like my treble bleed caps are gonna come in handy.  :icon_thumright:

Just realized I didn't show you guys the neckback... this figure is pretty sick. 

WN763B.jpg

Killer pattern in the neck, dude! :icon_thumright:  Looks like it wants a Norton.  :icon_biggrin:...or a RG TX/BBQ set.

Ridonkulous. You'd better post full pics and everything when you're done with that motha!

Back