If you could add any Body/Neck Option(s) to Warmoth's selection..

Sounds like someone wanted a gold top LP and missed his chance.

I don't really want to, but I really like the new carved top Jazzmaster from fender... not paying 3500 for it though...

Marko said:
I don't really want to, but I really like the new carved top Jazzmaster from fender... not paying 3500 for it though...

You made me curious, so I went and looked it up: Fender Select Carved Maple Top Jazzmaster® HH

86ceb3c861ac3d7b0737b2ccde488ca3.png

I thought you were exaggerating the price, but no, it's that expensive.  That's a lot of money, even if they are using a new process for the neck.

Wow.  $3499 is a lotta clams (even when you consider that street price will be significantly lower). 

I will say this - the "inlaid" fingerboard look is a pretty nifty cosmetic approach to neck binding - but I wouldn't want to be the guy refretting one of those babies.

Otherwise, wow, pretty axe!

Yeah, I like that, too. I'd like it better with a less gaudy headstock and a different bridge, but still.

At $3500, though, they can keep it. Drop it to $1500 or so, and I bet they'd sell a million of them.

I like the TOM bridge better than the fender bridges.  Once you have it set up, it is great.  Then again I don't change string gauges or necks on my guitars, so I have no use for all of the adjustments the Fender ones offer.  I also don't use a trem so nothing to worry about there either.  I am curious about the "Wide Range" pickups on the thing.  They appear to be normal sized humbuckers.  I think one of the things that makes wide range humbuckers what they are is the magnetic pole pieces (like single coil pickups of note), and the reissues aren't made that way.  Would be interesting to look inside them.

Back to the original topic, I am still curious about "the body" Wyliee mentioned quite a ways back...
Patrick

swarfrat said:
Sounds like someone wanted a gold top LP and missed his chance.

IF I need a GTLP fix, I just have to go to the closet and pull out my late father's '57 GT. Awesome tone, lots of bite and sustain, heavier than sin. Also irreplaceable, since it's not really mine, in my mind. I'm just a steward at the moment and when the time comes, my oldest grandson will continue on as steward. :guitarplayer2:

I just wanted something other than a GTLP, but I like the GT look. The VIP is nice, but no LP-type control routs. So far, only the Tele and Carved-top Tele have that layout. I guess I could call W and ask for them to GT over a piece of flame or quilt maple on a Carrve-top Tele, even though it would waste a good piece of maple that could go on a dye-top guitar. I have to think that a mahogany/maple cap Tele done up for a TOM/STP with a 24-3/4" conversion mahogany/ebony Warmoth neck, properly set up with some vintage-type HB's would sound like I want it to and I won't be paranoid of theft/damage to my late father's axe.

Just sayin', some of us need more than two or three pots for two HB's. I have a Dean Boca 12 string that has only 1 vol/1 tone for 2 HB's. I'll probably put concentric pots on it, since putting more pots in it is out. Sometimes you want your rhythm sound dark and your lead sound bright without having to crank a tone knob.

I know, us old d00ds are kinda set in our ways. 2 HB"s should have 2 volumes, 2 tones just like 3 single coils should have 1 volume, 2 tones. :icon_biggrin:

The Old Warhorse

It'd be nice to have an 'any flatmount hardtail' option on 'any trem' bodies in the showcase. With, of course, the understanding that the cavity needs to be filled, and that the bridge screws shouldn't be going into end grain.

If the risk of chipping finish is the problem (but it doesn't seem to be on the top, where it's more visible and not covered by a plate), I could live with routing the cavity to spring depth only, and needing a plate if you wanted to make an 'any trem' into a hardtail.  Actually, I think that's a very agreeable compromise that likely fits well with manufacturing processes. The trem cavity would be routed in only one operation per side, so it avoids any indexing issues. The back can still be routed before finishing, the trem through hole can be routed from the other side. No additional steps or setups, just a change in amounts taken off in different steps.  And you get a place to stash electronics, catnip, or whatever.

Bagman67 said:
Wow.  $3499 is a lotta clams (even when you consider that street price will be significantly lower). 

I will say this - the "inlaid" fingerboard look is a pretty nifty cosmetic approach to neck binding - but I wouldn't want to be the guy refretting one of those babies.

Otherwise, wow, pretty axe!
The inlaid fingerboard looks amazing. I'd love to get a look at that up close. Great idea.

Altar said:
It would be cool to not have every single showcase body routed for a trem.
Yup. I've been saying for ages, less vibratos, less 'natural binding' and less jacks. It kinda kills my enthusiasm that I have to pay a considerable sum more and wait longer, just because a particular jack style I want can only be gotten through custom orders. I appreciate the Showcase won't contain every combination of every option possible, but for a company that prides itself on its wood selection and finishes, having the item alreayd there and visible is a big deal.
Plus, I always feel like a stupid dick who's being gouged when I pay full custom order price, when there's something sat in the Showcase for half as much, just for the sake of one tiny, tiny spec change. I just don't want a 7/8 jack on my Tele bodies! I'd just like an American Standard hardtail bridge on a Strat instead of the Narrow hardtail! But nope, everything in the showcase is made the same way, so here I go, waiting months and paying an extra $150...

Jumble Jumble said:
The inlaid fingerboard looks amazing. I'd love to get a look at that up close. Great idea.
:eek: :blob7: :headbang1: :headbang: :toothy12:  :icon_thumright: :binkybaby: :icon_biggrin:

I want. Warmoth???

Ace Flibble said:
I appreciate the Showcase won't contain every combination of every option possible, but for a company that prides itself on its wood selection and finishes, having the item alreayd there and visible is a big deal.
  ^---This!!

:icon_scratch:  what are you guys on about.

There is nearly 500 hardtails in the showcase now.  :doh:

:dontknow:  :tard:Uh wut???

You guys must be talking about some certain body shapes.

I want a tele with a floyd. I like the idea of getting a tele from the showcase because then visually I know what I'm getting.

There isn't a single tele in the showcase not already routed for a hardtail bridge. Not 1

I'm pretty sure Warmoth plays the numbers on the Showcase additions. Since very few people build hardtail Strats or wang bar Teles, they build very few of them on speculation. That would be money sitting on the shelf doing nothing.

Back