If anyone could help out a bit.

stratter

My friend's birthday is coming up, and he's always wanted a gibson SGS3. The post is pretty straightforward, I didn't know where else I could put it because all the other boards are much slower. Anyway, any donations possible are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your time

gofundme.com/y9x8z5c

best regards, stratter  :blob7:

Ohhh I'm a sucker for single action thumb safeties. Dang....

fdesalvo said:
Whenever I really want something, I work for it?

Why?

The smartest people are those who figure out how to convince others to do their work for them.

You could say they lack moral fibre, but in the end, who's laughing?

KG, you want a Kimber? Me to! When I worked for a Mil contractor many years ago, we had Kimber fab most of our airborne chassis assemblies. Exceptional work! We were in Yonkers, just a few miles away, so we usually just went over and picked up our orders at the shop. What a quality operation.

Now, I usually carry a Walther, but I'd love a Kimber too. Maybe a compact .45....... What do you say guys, help a brother out.

Yeah, I'd love a Kimber. Downside is, if you ever have to use it, chances are good it's going to be seized for at least a while during investigations and whatnot and it's not unheard of for them to end up in limbo for very long periods of time up to and including forever. If you're going to have a weapon collected, better that it's not a really high-end unit.

Well, at least he asked nicely. Could have been "Gimme! I'm entitled!" :blob7:

Anyways, if you all sent me a dollar, I could buy that new stuff I've been wanting.

I've currently been lusting after a colt 1911A1...

You all could send me a buck or two for that...

I love my kimber .45.  Can we turn this into a gun thread???

Kimber to big to carry.

I just picked up a Sig compact 9.  Love it. 

I'm currently at my mom's place in alberta.  When my dad died, we sold all the guns - or so we thought.  Today my mom trots out this 12 gauge shotgun that is easily 80 years old.  It's a side by side double barrel with (get this) EXTERNAL HAMMERS!!!

Family lore is that my great grandfather carried this gun out to go hunting and didn't come back.  They found him dead sitting under a tree with this gun on his lap.  Heart attack while aiming at that last buck?

Speaking of bucks - anyone got a buck or two to donate for this guns restoration?  :)

Cool. I have my grandad's shotgun. Single shot rusty break action with a funky spring lever trigger I've never seen before. You cock the hammer and then sorta nudge the catch  (on top of the gun) that lets the hammer go. Yeah, it has no "trigger" as you would expect. Have to break your sight picture to fire it.  My grandad was tight with money, and he was old enough to be my great grandfather. No telling how old the thing is.

I wish I had an old family gun. Guess I'll start the tradition myself. I just need to find something cool. My 11 year old has a .22 Savage bolt action and I let the 8 year old shoot my M&P .22 compact once in a while. I usually don't take the 17 year old daughter shooting. I'm not sure she's emotionally stable enough. I carry a 9mm Shield. For a while now I've really been thinking about capacity. The way things are going it seems like capacity might trump concealment. 

ಠ_ಠ said:
fdesalvo said:
Whenever I really want something, I work for it?

Why?

The smartest people are those who figure out how to convince others to do their work for them.

You could say they lack moral fibre, but in the end, who's laughing?

I'm laughing!  I'd rather teach a man to fish.

I've got a nice Colt AR and am sitting on about 2K rounds of 5.56. 

fdesalvo said:

The 2K rounds are the stash to have. Might want to kick that up to 5K or 10K. It's gonna be impossible to make the weapons go away, but the clueless idiots are busting their asses trying to figure out ways to make ammo so expensive and/or hard to get that the weapon is useless.

Cagey said:
fdesalvo said:

The 2K rounds are the stash to have. Might want to kick that up to 5K or 10K. It's gonna be impossible to make the weapons go away, but the clueless idiots are busting their asses trying to figure out ways to make ammo so expensive and/or hard to get that the weapon is useless.

Get it while it's cheap!  PMC and Federal is good enough for Gubment work.

Cagey said:
fdesalvo said:

Yep.
I am sitting on a .380, 9mm, .45, .357 and an ar15.  Each with 500+ rounds.  Zombie apocalypse anyone?? :laughing3:

DMRACO said:
Cagey said:
fdesalvo said:

Yep.
I am sitting on a .380, 9mm, .45, .357 and an ar15.  Each with 500+ rounds.  Zombie apocalypse anyone?? :laughing3:

Nice.  It's not the Zombies that I fear.

Anyone roll their own? At the moment all I shoot is 9 and .223. I've been wanting to but I struggle with cost effectiveness. I do save my brass at the indoor range. I usually shoot aluminum and steel cased outdoors.

Back