I'd Like To See Warmoth Make....

I agree - those look very nice. But, that's not the kind of result I normally see. I'll wager he spent some truly serious time and effort on those little lovelies.

Those covers are quite a good match. I know from leather working that matching colors can be a really hard task. His aren't perfect, but as good as you can expect to see.

There's no rule that says you have to match a cavity cover to the body.  A nice rosewood cover would look great on almost any color or clear.  I've got, yet another, redwood build going on right now and I went with maple rear cavity covers.  Trying to match the redwood didn't even cross my mind.  You don't choose pickup rings, pickguards, knobs, etc to match the body...you choose something that compliments or accents it.  I think it would be great if W offered wood cavity covers.  But, I can't even get them to give me cream plastic ones on my body orders, I get black every time.

As for my requests, I think a 25" conversion necks would be great.

Wolfie351 said:
There's no rule that says you have to match a cavity cover to the body.  A nice rosewood cover would look great on almost any color or clear.  I've got, yet another, redwood build going on right now and I went with maple rear cavity covers.  Trying to match the redwood didn't even cross my mind.  You don't choose pickup rings, pickguards, knobs, etc to match the body...you choose something that compliments or accents it.  I think it would be great if W offered wood cavity covers.  But, I can't even get them to give me cream plastic ones on my body orders, I get black every time.

As for my requests, I think a 25" conversion necks would be great.

Yes, I did kind of think about this as well but forgot to say it in my above post. I do agree that they can look a little off if the builder has tried to match them but they are slightly out. It just looks a bit of a failure. I would agree that some nice clear wood grain ones on a painted solid or different colour body would be far superior to black plastic ones with grotty screws. I had not considered the magnet idea so I think I will explore that avenue for this build.  :icon_thumright:

The magnet thing is pretty trick, I have one and it works well.  Mine goes a step further and has a spot where you press in (upper right indent on pic #2) and it pops right off, no additional magnet required.  How often do you need to get in there, is it worth the effort?  Probably not, but still cool.  And, to totally contradict myself on my comment of not needing to match the wood cover with the body, here's a matched cover.

g1.JPG

g2.JPG

Real 24 fret necks without the overhang. Of course this needs another neck pocket, but I mean if it was $20 for a bigger neck pocket I would gladly pay that. I'm after a 24 fretter and the overhang is a no-no for me, as many have stated that there is a big lack of sustain up there.

Right now I'm waiting for one of these to arrive to the post office :icon_biggrin: but a Warmoth strat with normal strat body and pickguard would be ultimate!
361844b28a3186f66e.jpg

Another body I'd like to see on the list is a Fender Toronado. I like the almost-symmetrical styling. It's not quite as lopsided as the Jazzmaster but still has enough of the look to be interesting. It's midway between a Jazzmaster and a Strat. A chambered option would be good, as would arm and belly cuts and the larger pickguard offered on some models.

I just added a photo that shows the large pickguard and the string-through bridge.

Attachments

• Fender_Toronado_GTHH-2.jpg
    Fender_Toronado_GTHH-2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Fender_Toronado_3 - Copy.jpg
    Fender_Toronado_3 - Copy.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 391
I'd love to see a couple things...

For one, I wanna see what they've got for the "Nomad" (the replacement for the Explorer, assuming they decide to actually bring it back), maybe as a shape like a Dean Zero or maybe like an Ibanez Destroyer.

And also a Firebird. I wanna build a Firebird too.

Also, an Ibanez Fireman. I like the shape of it, but I don't want to end up cutting up and routing an Iceman body, risking irreversibly ruining a 200-300 dollar body to try and get a Fireman out of it.

Also... I know you guys are probably going to call me out on this, but I wanna see a Fender Katana as well. It's something that ISN'T a normal Flying V or a King V or whatever. And, shockingly, I sorta like it. Only problem is that the Katana probably won't ever happen because it never sold well, because everybody thought it was ugly. So maybe some alterations are in order too. Probably increase the angle of the rearward edge so that the upper horn's much more pointed... idk.

Here's a link to a Nomad that was in the showcase if it helps.

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=M745&Body=2&Path=Body#.VQMW-hjfWrU

stratamania said:

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=M745&Body=2&Path=Body#.VQMW-hjfWrU

That is not a Nomad. That is an old model that Warmoth no longer makes or sells.

Well, the title on the page is "Nomad," and I seem to recall it having come up in the last month or two as a post from an admin of this forum.

double A said:
stratamania said:

That is not a Nomad. That is an old model that Warmoth no longer makes or sells.

My apologies but there was a link to it in another post not so long ago as Bagman67 mentions but on checking not posted by an admin.

Heres the other post.

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=24449.0

When do we get to see the current or new Nomad ?

There is no place where a Nomad body can be viewed yet. An area in the In-Stock showcase has been created for them, but there is not stock to view yet. This new area was created by re-purposing an old showcase library that already existed, because the specs and options were similar.

I would love to put something like this together:

Attachments

• 9-10-12001.jpg
    9-10-12001.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 439
I'd Like To See Warmoth Make....

.... something!

Has the exchange rate hurt sales somewhat? Perhaps it's just my memory but I do believe showcase was more often updated with new stuff than it is now. I need my daily fix!

Back