ibanez radius

jay-emyl

Hello everybody! I'm portuguese so sorry if my english was bad... :s
I would to know if somebody can tell me if warmoth could build an replica of ibanez radius body? I love that guitar!
thanks hugs

You'd need to send in a full size line drawing of the body.  It wouldn't be an exact replica as it would still have the Fender style neck pocket and heel on the neck.  Remember Warmoth does not assemble instruments so you'd have to do that yourself.  Cost would be dependent on the options you select and a custom body will take much longer than regular production shapes.

Alternately, you may want to look at the soloist flat top body.

Wouldn't a Soloist carved top routed S-S-H be closer?

There aren't any in the Showcase right now, but some examples can be found in the Soloist Gallery section of this board.

jackthehack said:
Wouldn't a Soloist carved top routed S-S-H be closer?

There aren't any in the Showcase right now, but some examples can be found in the Soloist Gallery section of this board.

I'd say soloist flat top + spindle sander or rasp would be best bet (assuming "Ibanez radius" = S-series).  Sounds messy though, now that I think about it :icon_scratch:
Also, from what I've heard, Warmoth's wizard neck profile isn't spot on the Ibanez profile?

thank for the replys... :) I also see the soloist and is my prefered warmoth guitar but i don't like the downside cutaway proximity to neck pickup... can you tell me where can i found that plans for ibanez radius? thank one more time for your time... hugs

I *think* the old Radius body became the Satriani sig model. Sorta similar to the Sabre, but more rounded. Both body styles are equally cool and very comfy. As far as blueprints, I guess you could search google. I found a line drawing for the original Ibanez JEM but never did anything with it.

Back