Ibanez Omar Rodriguez AX shape

Soloshchenko

I'd love to see Warmoth manfacture a guitar shape like this.
Its Omar Rodriguez of the Mars Volta with his custom ibanez. Ibanez themselves don't actually manufacture a signature model based on this which seems weird given the guys popularity.
I'm a big fan of the the JB jr but would probably lose the floyd rose!!!

Attachments

• Omar_Rodriguez.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 465
Very true man. I'm a Les Paul man and as such I prefer the Yamaha SG to the Gibson one, it just feels nicer. Might pick one up one day if I see a good S/H one.

That would be kinda cool to see an AX series body. For the same price of the body from Warmoth you could just buy an AX series and mod it out yourself though.

CD said:
That would be kinda cool to see an AX series body. For the same price of the body from Warmoth you could just buy an AX series and mod it out yourself though.

Yeah but the quality on the GAX models is really poor, I know, an ex girlfriend bought me one yrs ago and its currently languishing in my attic.

Actually I remember the neck was always pretty good, I might get a swampash LP or SG body and do it up myself, could be a really cheap, rewarding warmoth project.

Well! You can ask for a one-of-a-kind guitar to Warmoth or you can buy a LPS double cutaway and change it by yourself... It's close, you can make it looks alike this Ibanez!

Tweed said:
Def. one of my fave players

Me to. Heard rumours that he has some cool on board effects via those small knobs you can see but nobodys sure as nobody has played his guitar.

I've heard that too. I read he had over 100 (I think) effects pedals in the studio for recording their second LP. I didn't care for the second LP but the first was excellent and the latest was pretty good.

CD said:
I've heard that too. I read he had over 100 (I think) effects pedals in the studio for recording their second LP. I didn't care for the second LP but the first was excellent and the latest was pretty good.

Yeah, for me the 1st album is still the best because it actually has songs on it! Like Radiohead I love them but those guys really need to learn to take their heads out of their backsides and write some proper songs.  :guitarplayer2:

Back