Is this inspiring any other builds? (Michael Nielsen - Dan Huff James Tyler)

i posted this in another forum, but stumbled across this thread. In case it's helpful, I built a DH inspired strat this year and this was the wiring I used, pieced together from Tyler, Demeter, and Duncan's diagrams.

I used these DPDT switches, super short bats since I put them next to the 5 way toggle.

on-on for the neck and middle
on-on-on for bridge, for series-split-parallel

The reason the Bridge's toggle wiring looks different is because I used a type 2 DPDT on-on-on switch. If you want just series/parallel like the OG guitar, just use another on/on and copy the wiring from the neck/middle switches, or if you find a type 1 on-on-on you can use the same wiring as well.

I used this 50k push-pull for the Tyler preamp to be able to disengage it
Nobel EQ Pot - 50k push-pull

link to the preamp
Demeter preamp - Tyler version

I also used a stereo jack to be able to switch the battery off. The preamp is tricky to fit in a stock strat cavity, leaving no room for the 9v battery. I fit the battery and clip into the spring cavity in between the two springs I used for a vega trem.

DH Strat Wiring.png

i posted this in another forum, but stumbled across this thread. In case it's helpful, I built a DH inspired strat this year and this was the wiring I used, pieced together from Tyler, Demeter, and Duncan's diagrams.

I used these DPDT switches, super short bats since I put them next to the 5 way toggle.

on-on for the neck and middle
on-on-on for bridge, for series-split-parallel

The reason the Bridge's toggle wiring looks different is because I used a type 2 DPDT on-on-on switch. If you want just series/parallel like the OG guitar, just use another on/on and copy the wiring from the neck/middle switches, or if you find a type 1 on-on-on you can use the same wiring as well.

I used this 50k push-pull for the Tyler preamp to be able to disengage it
Nobel EQ Pot - 50k push-pull

link to the preamp
Demeter preamp - Tyler version

I also used a stereo jack to be able to switch the battery off. The preamp is tricky to fit in a stock strat cavity, leaving no room for the 9v battery. I fit the battery and clip into the spring cavity in between the two springs I used for a vega trem.

DH Strat Wiring.png
Fantastic, thank you!

I was planning on trying the push/push switches that the Tyler uses, but I think the toggles are easier to get and fit to the Pickguard.

Did you end up fitting the preamp in the standard Strat cavity? Fortunately my body is routed for a battery box, unfortunately it’s behind the Pickguard (instead of by the bridge) so routing the cavity bigger might be tough.

yeah I was able to sit the preamp underneath the volume control. It took some fiddling, but it fit in a normal sized cavity.

Back