Ibanez like neck?

AndyB

So if this doesn't apply here let me know but I'm in the Greater Los Angeles area. Anyway I was gifted an Ibanez RG style body that was swirl dipped and I'd like to have a neck built for it. Are there any custom builders out there that will do this?

Good luck on finding someone.

There are like 2 companies in the whole world that make them, and they are flakey and spotty at best.

A truly custom luthier could probably make one, but at what cost? 

Used ibanez necks are a dime a dozen on reverb and ebay.

You could probably buy one of the more inexpensive import RGs for possibly less than having a neck made. Especially if you looked for a second hand one.

Hi
You said

".... I was gifted an Ibanez RG style body that was swirl dipped and I'd like to have a neck built for it. Are there any custom builders out there that will do this?

So I'm assuming that you want a neck that fits an Ibanez body but has features not found in OEM Ibanez necks, like perhaps a wider nut? Is that correct?

Because I'm kind of in the market for something similar myself.

There a custom luthier on reverb called "Peter Occhineri"  https://reverb.com/shop/occhineri-guitars  I had talked to him about building a one off custom neck but the conversations didn't move past the initial stage.

Why don't you describe what you want in this necK?
Bye

Back