I have got to stop looking at Warmoth's site...

Alfang said:
I nearly pulled the trigger on that several times in the last 3 weeks, I can't imagine that body with anything but singles in it, and the mention of a swimmingpool route almost made me cry.

So now you just gotta make it look good whatever you do, congrats, I really like that one....

Too bad you didn't.  Then, I wouldn't be out the change.  :laughing7:

That said, I can understand one's choice of singles vs. humbuckers: completely personal.  However, I really don't understand the problem with a swimmingpool route if it is already top routed and is going to have a pickguard covering the routes, regardless how it is routed for the pups.  :icon_scratch:

The crime in this body is that it is top routed, at all.  I had to save it, since it was abused, like a pound puppy.  Yeah, that's a good rationalization.  :icon_jokercolor:

DocNrock said:
Alfang said:
I nearly pulled the trigger on that several times in the last 3 weeks, I can't imagine that body with anything but singles in it, and the mention of a swimmingpool route almost made me cry.

So now you just gotta make it look good whatever you do, congrats, I really like that one....

Too bad you didn't.  Then, I wouldn't be out the change.  :laughing7:

That said, I can understand one's choice of singles vs. humbuckers: completely personal.  However, I really don't understand the problem with a swimmingpool route if it is already top routed and is going to have a pickguard covering the routes, regardless how it is routed for the pups.   :icon_scratch:

The crime in this body is that it is top routed, at all.  I had to save it, since it was abused, like a pound puppy.   Yeah, that's a good rationalization.   :icon_jokercolor:
Way to go Doc, you're up for the humanitarian award this year...... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
The crime in this body is that it is top routed, at all.  I had to save it, since it was abused, like a pound puppy.   Yeah, that's a good rationalization.   :icon_jokercolor:
Way to go Doc, you're up for the humanitarian award this year...... :laughing11:

Yeah, not bad!  Now come up with a good reason for me to drop two grand on an Orange Thunderverb 50!  :laughing7:

dbw said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

Yeah, not bad!  Now come up with a good reason for me to drop two grand on an Orange Thunderverb 50!   :laughing7:
Errrruuhhhhhhhhmmmmm, because it's there!!!...... :dontknow:

Call me crazy . . .

I just cancelled a gloss black polycarbonite pickguard that Terrapin said they would cut . Maybe you should consider one .

Black hdwr. would be too cool .

solid black ebony fretboard

Blk Dimarzio Blade Single sized humbucks

I have a black and blue fetish , btw . :headbang1:

dbw said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

Yeah, not bad!  Now come up with a good reason for me to drop two grand on an Orange Thunderverb 50!   :laughing7:

That's easy, Dbw.  Poor little thing, it's orange.  It doesn't fit in with its rock amp peers, them being black or grey.  It has an undeserved inferiority complex and needs love and nurturing.  I get the impression you're just the one to provide a good home for it.   :icon_biggrin:

kreig said:
Call me crazy . . .

I just cancelled a gloss black polycarbonite pickguard that Terrapin said they would cut . Maybe you should consider one .

Black hdwr. would be too cool .

solid black ebony fretboard

Blk Dimarzio Blade Single sized humbucks

I have a black and blue fetish , btw . :headbang1:

Yeah, Kreig, that would look sharp, as well.  I too am a fan of black hardware and of DiMarzio bladed single-sized HBs.  However, most of my guitars have ebony fretboards and I have quite a few builds with the bladed single-sized HBs.  That said, I don't have any Warmoths with chrome hardware and I think that will go with this finish, as well.  It will have a black pickguard, that is for sure.  I think this will really pop with a maple/maple neck.  I'm really leaning towards quartersawn, just so as not to distract from the body finish.

Since the dyed quilt is most often seen on LPs or PRSs, and these are usually double hum, you will see where double hum comes into play.  Besides, I'm more of a Charvel fan than a Fender fan.   :icon_thumright: 

Kublai said:
What is that on top? Just blue dye? It is beautiful.

Alder body with a quilt maple laminate top, black dye followed by blue translucent finish, I think.  I agree, absolutely gorgeous, IMHO.

DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

Errrruuhhhhhhhhmmmmm, because it's there!!!...... :dontknow:

LOL :icon_thumright:

O.K. Doc,

You have my blessings , whichever way you go . I try to do different things for each guitar I build or mod .

But try polycarb , since you are going w/ blk. p/g anyway !?

Maple/maple would look cool too. Go scallop if you don't have one yet . . . I LOVE mine !

btw , I love spending your money !  :laughing3:

Brent, you got a cousins on the way!  :blob7:
PS3239a.jpg

PT1148a.jpg

LPCP166a.jpg

SLP91a.jpg

Sooooorry!  :toothy12:

NonsenseTele said:
Brent, you got a cousins on the way!   :blob7:
PS3239a.jpg

PT1148a.jpg

LPCP166a.jpg

SLP91a.jpg

Its all good, Fernando.  Those are sharp, but none do it for me like this Strat body.  Absolutely killer would have been this top/finish on a carved top VIP with black binding.  Mmmmmm.

NonsenseTele said:
Brent, you got a cousins on the way!   :blob7:
PS3239a.jpg

PT1148a.jpg

LPCP166a.jpg

SLP91a.jpg

:laughing11: A whole family of blue guitars... :icon_thumright:  That Les Pauls is kick ass, but i think you're right Doc. The top on yours would be the shit on a VIP carved top... :icon_thumright:

Back