Any negatives to getting humbucker routs for an SSS nashville telecaster?

Before I drop $700 or so on a Warmoth "Nashville" telecaster body, I was wondering if there were any negatives to getting the middle pickup and neck pickup routed for humbuckers? I'm going to be covering the area with a pickguard and have a single coil in the middle and neck positions.

I couldn't come up with a single con, but I noticed they didn't offer universal/pool routs for telecasters, so it got me curious.

I've seen a couple of people choose humbucker routes to remove some wood. I don't see any negative aspect. Its definitely attractive if you want to try a middle humbucker.

You could try asking member named Axkoa. That's the approach described in post #1 of the following build thread.

In my nashville tele in the pickguard i have the pickguard routed for a mini humbucker in the neck and a strat in the middle. The body routing is humbucker in the neck and a strat in the middle. As long as it's under the pickguard, who will notice what you dremel out? No negatives.

I've seen a couple of people choose humbucker routes to remove some wood. I don't see any negative aspect. Its definitely attractive if you want to try a middle humbucker.

You could try asking member named Axkoa. That's the approach described in post #1 of the following build thread.

This is perfect. Thanks.

In my nashville tele in the pickguard i have the pickguard routed for a mini humbucker in the neck and a strat in the middle. The body routing is humbucker in the neck and a strat in the middle. As long as it's under the pickguard, who will notice what you dremel out? No negatives.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the reassurance. The mini humbucker in the neck is kind of tempting as well...

For the middle position there is no problem. However a strat pickup doesn't quite fit in a body routed for a neck position humbucker.

I previously used a hybrid strat body routed for a neck position humbucker, with warmoth pickguard having a strat pickup in the neck position. To make it fit I used a dremel sanding drum to cut some wood out of the corners of the humbucker route as in the attached pic.

Attachments

• pickup-rout-hum-modified.jpg
    pickup-rout-hum-modified.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 9
For the middle position there is no problem. However a strat pickup doesn't quite fit in a body routed for a neck position humbucker.

I previously used a hybrid strat body routed for a neck position humbucker, with warmoth pickguard having a strat pickup in the neck position. To make it fit I used a dremel sanding drum to cut some wood out of the corners of the humbucker route as in the attached pic.
This is really good information. Thanks a lot. I checked the positions on the Warmoth website again, and it did look like I'd need to do a little dremel work on the top edges if I got a humbucker/mini humbucker/etc rout.

Back