I can't keep it bottled up!

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
The wait won't be long, It's a showcase body.

And I'll sleep just fine, i'm a bit ill at the moment so i sleep like a rock.
Congrats on the guitar buy. That sucks you being sick tho, one good thing about being sick tho. Is you get some of the best sleep ever, I can sleep like there's no tomorrow when I'm sick..Get well my friend...I wanta see that plate on the back of that soloist..... :icon_thumright:

:p Nice.
Don't be fooled; showcase bodies also take an eternity to get to you. Just a shorter eternity. Well, at least if you made any changes.

Good luck on the neck!

Max said:
:p Nice.
Don't be fooled; showcase bodies also take an eternity to get to you. Just a shorter eternity. Well, at least if you made any changes.

Good luck on the neck!

Yeah I did, it had a trem rout in it so i chose floyd. Then it got the 2 knob routs and side jack rout.

I'll be watching the showcase and closeout like a mighty hawk near Xmas time. :toothy12:

Guy's, I was thinking of putting a finish on it, but i have no idea how to do that, so i'll need some instructions. Then if all else fails and i'm stumped i'll ask my dad, he used to do work with wood and stuff.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Guy's, I was thinking of putting a finish on it, but i have no idea how to do that, so i'll need some instructions. Then if all else fails and i'm stumped i'll ask my dad, he used to do work with wood and stuff.

There is a sea of information on finishing on this site.  Do a few searches.  Also, plural words do not require an apostrophe. 

+1, A bunch of guys here have put a wealth of information on finishing up in the 'DIY Finishing' forum.  CB's primer is a must read, it's the only sticky.

blue313 said:
+1, A bunch of guys here have put a wealth of information on finishing up in the 'DIY Finishing' forum.  CB's primer is a must read, it's the only sticky.
That was really interesting.

We don't have tung oil, but we can get some. Unless teak oil is good.

So apply all over>rub it in> let rest until dry (for a few days)> wipe off excess> do it all again how many times?

Does it need Grain filler?
When do i apply it?

Back