I can't go on like this! Telecaster glory....

italoop

Have an extra Tele neck around, one I got from last winter big sale, roasted maple with indian rosewood fretboard. It wakes me up at night, singing melodies. It's like whispering "what am I doing here, in this box? Feels like a coffin! I'm supposed to be out there, tied to a body and SCREAM music all the time. Come on, man... don't be cruel, wake up and get me a slab to sing to..." Can you believe that?
:devilish:
Got 10 gtrs and 6 of 'em are Warmoth... and I need help, I know.

Soooo
Warmoth had this UNBELIEVABLE Tele body in the showcase, all Black Korina.. a wood that is mesmerizing me and it's the closest thing to mahogany I can get as Warmoth doesn't ship maho outside of the us, unfotunately. That's a wood I love, on my 1991 PRS and 2012 Les Paul. Had a 1984 ES175 with sides and back of mahogany and the thing sounded beautifully.
Also... I got inspired by AirForce1 Redwood/Mahogany Telecaster build and just couldn't resist this Telecaster body below.
Chambered Black Korina body and top. Clear gloss. 4.06 Lb.

Plan is to avoid a pickguard on such a dramatic spectacular wood. Hardware will be gold or black. Don't like the chrome on this. And will likely get some similar wood to create a small frame for the neck pickup instead of using a metal one. Have to think about this.... and do some tests...
Pickups? I want to go cheap AND still have great tones. Heard these True Custom Shop "Wicked T" pickups and floored me... very cheap on Ebay.
God help me! I should have played piano...

4.06P_Solid_Korina.pngBlack Korina Front.pngBlack Korina Back.png

I don’t know about the neck that keeps waking you up at night and talking to you, but that korina body is fantastic. Damn, good score! That’s just plain lovely. Distinctive too. 👍

I don’t know about the neck that keeps waking you up at night and talking to you, but that korina body is fantastic. Damn, good score! That’s just plain lovely. Distinctive too. 👍

Thanks, man! Yeah... that neck is killing me.

Ohhhh that’s a good score, they lined that grain up perfect for ya. Korina / limba is, IMHO, even better than mahogany. It tends to be lighter weight and white limba finishes into a beautiful blonde color and takes other colors great too.

I've been wanting a black korina jazzmaster like this forever, but I'm waiting for them to bring back unique choice... 😭

The wood is perfect on that tele.

I've been wanting a black korina jazzmaster like this forever, but I'm waiting for them to bring back unique choice... 😭

The wood is perfect on that tele.

Yep! That would be right about time to bring back!
I have never had a korina guitar. Hopefully the sound will amaze me...

I would not go chesp on the pickups, your in deep enough that an extra $100 to get what you want is justified
Thank you!
Well.. I would like a set of pickups that can be twangy enough AND jazzy too. I know.... these are the opposite of the whole range.
But these pickups seem to have it and enough push too. What's not to like?

Well.. I would like a set of pickups that can be twangy enough AND jazzy too.
You might want to try the TV Jones Starwood Tele pickups. I have them in my chambered black korina on black korina f-hole Tele and can't think of any reason to try anything different. They can twang, they can bark, and they can get smooth and mellow if asked nicely! (y)

Tele Body Front.jpg

our in deep enough

You might want to try the TV Jones Starwood Tele pickups. I have them in my chambered black korina on black korina f-hole Tele and can't think of any reason to try anything different. They can twang, they can bark, and they can get smooth and mellow if asked nicely! (y)

BEAUTIFUL GUITAR!!!!
I'll check those pickups out.
Thanks

I know that siren neck call! I have a Warmoth rosewood/ebony neck that was ousted by a baritone conversion neck and has been sitting, crying out for a body for about 4 years now. "Soon" I keep saying, but the injustice (and lack of funds) haunts me! Also dabbling into black korina territory next. That's a nice plank you got there!

Back