Hybrid Strat

Heft

To continue from this thread, https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=34353.msg473979#msg473979
I got the graphtech stuff today and I'm looking at what I need to do on the body.
I was going to do some heavy routing on the back and use a back plate battery but I think I may just try and cram everything behind the control plate.
I'm going to keep the backplate battery idea, so I'll probably snake the wires back there.
I'm going to fill one of the neck screw holes with a dowel and do a custom contour heel also. 
aK3HbVU.jpg

The neck for this project isn't Warmoth, its a solid piece of aluminum. The pickups are the Graphtec Ghost Piezo pickups, as well as a SSL-1 neck, and a Hot Tele Bridge.
The pickup selection will be a 3-way toggle for the magnetics via a lower toggle behind the pickguard. Piezo switching will be by piezo volume. There will be no tone control. Just piezo and magnetic volumes.
I'm using a Warmoth thin line pickguard.
The Magnetic volume is a Shadow kill switch which came with a diagram (I haven't wired a shadow kill switch before and it looks... weird).

More to come!

I like the idea of using a backplate for the battery. Were you planning on using the Fishman backplate?

Yes, I'm taking it off of a contemporary Squier I tricked out (that has a battery box). I had to strip some of the lead wires going to it. Fishman uses a plug and play system, sadly this will no longer work for that, just solder use. Fishman also makes stereo jackplate with a battery in it, but I can't find one anywhere.

I got the neck hole template for contoured heel neck holes and drilled my holes.
I ended up plging the extra holes.

I also did the pilot for the toggle switch tonight. It looks like I'll need to source a really long drill bit to finish (to join the toggle and pot cavities).

Here it is with the neck attached. You can see the plugs. The guitar will be painted a solid colour so I'm not worried.

I should also mention that I'm going to get a new scratch plate. The one I used was just as a template/guide.

Here is the cavity drilled for the 3 way toggle. As well as a added a cavity for a toggle for the piezo acoustic saddles. I also connected the cavities to the control cavity. It's hard to see but there was some tear off from the forstner bit. I patched it with some JB wood.
I've also increased access below the neck with some heavy dremeling and liberal sandpaper.
HHaH4of.jpg

Here is the cavity drilled for the 3 way toggle. As well as a added a cavity for a toggle for the piezo acoustic saddles. I also connected the cavities to the control cavity. It's hard to see but there was some tear off from the forstner bit. I patched it with some JB wood.
I've also increased access below the neck with some heavy dremeling and liberal sandpaper.
HHaH4of.jpg
whoa!

Back