How to wire dimarzio p and j models together

I have a jazz bass with dimarzio model j in bridge and model p in neck. I cannot find anything about how to wire jazz humbuckers up. I'm wiring it up with 1 volume for each pickup and 1 tone knob. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

connect the black and white wires together and tape/shrink wrap them off so that they dont short out to something else.

now refer to this diagram:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=std_p_j_bass

the red wire on your pickup is the same as the white wire in the diagram, and the green wire on your pickup is the same as the black wire.

Awesome, thanks. I never thought about looking at seymour duncan; didn't know there were actually sets of p and j made to be sold together. But thanks again man.

thetulipcutter said:
Awesome, thanks. I never thought about looking at seymour duncan; didn't know there were actually sets of p and j made to be sold together. But thanks again man.

if you start looking at some of Seymour Duncans humbuckers for whatever reason, remember that their color codes are different than DiMarzios

let me know if you want to do any kind of coil taps or whatnot because i have some schematics drawn up for how to do it.

I might do that in the future when I route more of the body (I'm putting a redeemer in it and I'm going to try to fit 2 9volts in the control cavity) so I can have push pull switches. But all in all I think it's going to be an awesome bass.

Back