how to wire a push-push pot for volume and kill switch

dbergthold

I'm building a shred Tele with a single bridge humbucker and minimalist controls. All I need is a volume pot and a kill-switch. I bought a push-push pot/switch from Warmoth after first verifying with them that this would work. Now that I'm actually building it, I realize that I don't know how to wire the pot/switch. I'd like the switch to be signal-on in the down position and signal-killed in the up position. I'm grateful for any relevant advice. Thanks!

Can you provide some details of the actual pot and pickup you are using?

It is a simple wiring to do but if you mention the above it will help to provide a description.

Essentially you need the hot wire of pickup to the switch and then a wire from another terminal of the switch to the input of the volume control.

Is it just the switch wiring or do you need more information?

Thanks for your reply!

Here's the push-push pot/switch I got from Warmoth:
https://warmoth.com/index.php/hardware/parts/electronics/push-push-500k-pot

I'm using a Seymour Duncan custom shop stacked humbucking Tele bridge pickup, model # "A" BG1400. It has 4-conductor wiring, but I'm never going to split the coils so I'll just use the hot and ground wire with the other two taped off and not used.

I'm not sure which soldering posts to use on this push-push pot/switch. It's my first time with anything other than traditional pots.

Okay that is quite simple.

On the push pull with the pot facing down the lugs are in two rows.

Take the black wire from your pickup and connect it to the centre lug of the first row (e.g. 2)  The connect another wire from the lug in the same row furthest from the pot (e.g. 1) to the input lug of the volume pot.

1      4
2      5
3      6
  POT

Back