How to lose Warmoth guarantees...

haha yes ridiculous meant very nice, its unique and challenging, or so it looks, i meant it in a good way, i like originality

stratplayer1 said:
haha yes ridiculous meant very nice, its unique and challenging, or so it looks, i meant it in a good way, i like originality

:icon_biggrin: :icon_thumright:

Creosote is a wood preservative that gets used on utility poles.  Pretty toxic stuff though :/

Creosote is a Desert Sessions song.  :headbang1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFGxwqMKOdY

Blue313 said:
Creosote is a wood preservative that gets used on utility poles.  Pretty toxic stuff though :/

It's also used on railway ties.  Do NOT let that guitar get anywhere near Creosote!  Duck fat is another matter  :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
I have a small idea that I should not do it  :laughing7:  :help:  :toothy12:

oh, you need to do it ... I am not kidding in any way whatsoever  :laughing7:

there's simply nothing quite like the ambiance of soured duck fat during the heat of a guitar solo to give you new heights of inspiration!  :sad: :tard: :laughing8:

all the best,

R

I was gonna suggest the almighty bacon grease but, looks like other plans are in the works. :icon_tongue:
I gotta give it to ya NT, you got some balls chopping into that geet like that. Can't wait to see some more progress pics! Seems like it's gonna be sweet!

Hats off to you. That is quite an endeavor. I've done that in the past and there are four rules for success. 1 planning 2.patience 3.patience 4.patience. Good luck. Peter Poynter

Creosote.
Just the word gives me shivers up the spine.

Spent a long weekend 20 years ago, doing up my mother's back garden, renovating the garden beds with railway sleepers lacquered in the stuff!

The creosote ruined the clothes I was wearing over those two days I worked, ruined two pairs of gloves I wore, still managed to burn the palms of my hands and also some on my lower arms as I held the sleepers. Yes, I was very fit in those days and totally unaware of what creosote was capable of too.

Spent two days sick. Vomiting and headaches as well as getting over the tender hands and bits of my arms. THEN I read later on (much later) that creosote was toxic and possibly could cause cancer. :doh:

Everytime I smell that gawd awful smell (it's used to sanitize septic tank sewerage systems I think, as that's where I still smell it -  if at all ) I run a mile!

I hope you will be posting plenty of pix of this project Nonsense. It will be very interesting to see how you adapt the bolt on neck design into a setneck.

OzziePete said:
I hope you will be posting plenty of pix of this project Nonsense. It will be very interesting to see how you adapt the bolt on neck design into a setneck.

Ok! I'll take them!

Wow... I must have been blind, deaf, dead and buried under a stone to have missed this the first time around. Very cool project! Will you do any shaping of the neck heel now that there are no bolts to take into consideration?

kboman said:
Wow... I must have been blind, deaf, dead and buried under a stone to have missed this the first time around. Very cool project! Will you do any shaping of the neck heel now that there are no bolts to take into consideration?

My first idea was make some shaping, now I'm not sure, if when I put the neck it got "half confortable" I'll let this way... How much more wood on the joint (body and neck), how much more safe, I think :)

Might as well make the body from blanks too...

I was just wondering is it possible to make a bolt on neck electric guitar that looks like a set neck where the bolts are hidden somewhere inside like neck pickup cavity, like some acoustic guitars.

Back