How to lose Warmoth guarantees...

Hey, sorry for the lateness, I was on holidays and the inthernet connection was terrible, no way to open the forum....

The problem on this is:
I'll need a good or at least decent band saw to cut this blank of rosewood and I don't have place to put one (live in a 1 bedroom apartment)... the only one "decent" I could use, belongs to a friend of my friend, in another city that I would need to go on Saturday only....

The problem: I work on shifts and I only have 2 weekends free in 5... and I'm playing a Rugby team, that I'm also a kind of "owner", so I got to go train on this 2 weekends free...

Thinking in a way to do it soon, but now I got to train and keep on the team, as we're organizing a tournament in Setember...
Sorry, but I'll try to figure a way to finish this soon, I think the guitar deserves it too...

what you should do when you do get free time is buy a pack of red bull and some microvawe pies then not sleep for the weekend and work on your guitars.  :icon_jokercolor:

NonsenseTele said:
Hey, sorry for the lateness, I was on holidays and the inthernet connection was terrible, no way to open the forum....

The problem on this is:
I'll need a good or at least decent band saw to cut this blank of rosewood and I don't have place to put one (live in a 1 bedroom apartment)... the only one "decent" I could use, belongs to a friend of my friend, in another city that I would need to go on Saturday only....

The problem: I work on shifts and I only have 2 weekends free in 5... and I'm playing a Rugby team, that I'm also a kind of "owner", so I got to go train on this 2 weekends free...

Thinking in a way to do it soon, but now I got to train and keep on the team, as we're organizing a tournament in Setember...
Sorry, but I'll try to figure a way to finish this soon, I think the guitar deserves it too...

Hey I understand your situation Fernando!

I'm a shift worker and work some weekends.

I have holidays planned from 23 August and want to work on some music as well as follow my Football team and get fit (I'm overweight and my back is starting to object to the weight I'm carrying!).

I NEED to have one or two guitars set up for this holiday so I can sit in front of this computer and do some recording. No time to do the jobs myself AND I have a courtyard out the back door that needs renovating for our Spring and Summer. Lots of things to be done and no time available after I take in some decent rest time (I commute about 850 Kilometres per week to and from work, driving my own car).

Today I rang up my local 'luthier' and I'll take my #1 guitar to him to rout for the humbucker pickup.

IF I had the time I would have got some wood and tried practicing the routing before trying on my guitar, but no time means it has to be professionally done if I want the guitar ready by 23 August.

Hopefully this guy is a good one and won't near ruin the guitar. I have had that sort of experience before that nearly cost me a Gibson Firebird, which is why I built the Tele I have and why I have researched things like routing and electric work on guitars. I simply don't trust a lot of so called repairers nowadays.

(I commute about 850 Kilometres per week to and from work, driving my own car).

If you switch to the English system, you'd only have to drive about 530 miles.... :eek:ccasion14:

Hey Pete!
Yes, that's the thing, no time and lots of projects... everybody who works in shifts that I know has it.... well not only shift, most adults don't have time to do what they really want :laughing7:

But hell! You work very far away from your home!!! :eek:

Hope the works on the guitar and the concerts go fine! :D

stankybudz said:
Did this guitar ever get completed?

Yea, I never came across this thread and I am tagging it because inquiring minds want to know  :dontknow:
:rock-on:

Hey guys!
No... It's just stopped... My main problem is that I don't have a workshop nor have the money to make one... And I go to my friends workshop when I have the time, can go work and he can lend some space... Or in other words I've not worked on guitars since August...
I'm thinking now about trying something: rent a place to have a workshop, put a division thing in the middle and make my "home" at the end... But will take some while in searching pleace, getting money to by everything, etc...

That could be a good thing really. I mean, if it was a set neck and you wanted to make it bolt on, that would be convenient, but the other way around just seems riskay, but best of luck if you get the oppurtunity!

Back