How to lose Warmoth guarantees...

NonsenseTele

Epic Member
3116496233_5d050663da.jpg

3117323560_737564d6e8.jpg

3117323452_faed41f085.jpg

3116496091_5dfaeffddb.jpg

Warmoth L5S Black Korina Body with Birdseye Maple top

Neck is going to be a deep set neck Brazilian Rosewood with 5A Ziricote fingerboard and headplate, made by me with a help from a luthier friend of me...

Don't try this at home kids, if you make a mistake, you lost everything...  :laughing7:

:headbang1:

good luck man! looks like you're takin your time and doing a quality job so far.
Oh and nice choice of woods :)

VERY cool idea, and a first I believe too, so do it well and you'll be forever remembered as the first person to do a set neck in a Warmoth body.

RLW said:
I truly hope this works, but those pictures terrify me.

relax, just 50% crazyness, we're leaving more than 1cm on the back of the guitar, this is going to be a set-neck with a solidier construction than SG's  :icon_biggrin:

Ang3lus said:
the neck will be glued to the body ?
that's pretty cool

Yes, more fetish than anything... I'm pretty sure it would sound killer with a bolt neck, but I want to learn a little of guitar building and pinping and want mooore wood in the neck...

Nonsense L5S, I mainly just made a post so I'll be updated.  I'm sure it will turn out great, but if it were me, it would have disaster written all over it.

hailstorm350 said:
you'll be forever remembered as the first person to do a set neck in a Warmoth body.

Actually I'm not the first... I know Phil King from NJ has build (or a luthier build to him) a set neck in a LPS body... He told me (after I bought the body) he asked for not have the neck pocket routed, and got it... If I ever try this again, will try it...

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Nonsense L5S, I mainly just made a post so I'll be updated.  I'm sure it will turn out great, but if it were me, it would have disaster written all over it.

I'm wishing it turn out at least "ok"  :laughing3:

Great idea! It's just wood, after all, and if Warmoth has a good starting point, why not? I'll bet you can find some sort-of nice boards down there in Brazil, huh?  :icon_jokercolor: Does your friend make complete guitars out of jungle timber and ship 'em here?

stubhead said:
Great idea! It's just wood, after all, and if Warmoth has a good starting point, why not? I'll bet you can find some sort-of nice boards down there in Brazil, huh?   :icon_jokercolor: Does your friend make complete guitars out of jungle timber and ship 'em here?

Where I got my brazilian rosewood... http://www.follmann-tonewoods.com/script/homepo.htm

The guy can sell you many things and his B.R. is legal, he cut it before 1992...
Give him a hello...

stratplayer1 said:
that looks ridiculous, hope it works out

:icon_biggrin:  I'm understand the ridiculous as "very nice"  :laughing7: Sometimes is hard to get slangs  :toothy12:

Just to clear things, now I think perhaps Gregg, Eric could see the name of the thread in bad eyes... Wasn't my intention to mess up, but I think I should make clear to uninformed guests what happens when you mess the body as I'm doing  :icon_biggrin: If anything, send me a PM...  :icon_thumright:

Fernanado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a stud.

I only see one huge problem. It’s not in my garage for me to finish it for you.  :laughing11:

Tonar8353 said:
Fernando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a stud.

I only see one huge problem. It’s not in my garage for me to finish it for you.  :laughing11:

:icon_biggrin:  :eek:ccasion14:
Thanks Greg! It's really cool listen you that way, you're one of the most experienced guys here and one of the most talented, your finishes are freaking awesome!

I'm not sure how I'll finish it... Perhaps lacquer, as I'll let the neck raw, but I'm afraid of it breaking with time... don't know, perhaps some kind of oil... the only thing I'm sure is I'll have to work my butt off to find oil/lacquer/artist... How bad you're not here in BR  :icon_thumright:

NonsenseTele said:
I'm not sure how I'll finish it...

might I suggest you soak it in a 55 gallon drum of creosote for about 3 months, and then buff it to a dull shine with a liberal rubbing of duck fat? that should really bring out the figuring in that top!

:blob7:

all the best,

R

p.s. and you thought I was going to suggest you simply paint it black ... silly boy  :icon_jokercolor:

Sorry Rod, I don't really think I understand much of the phrase  :laughing3:
creosene? what is it??

I have a small idea that I should not do it  :laughing7:  :help:  :toothy12:

Back