How much bigger is the Wolfgang vs standard thin?

cromulent

I originally thought the Wolfgang was bigger in the palm and more tapered on the finger-side (compared to standard thin), but it looks like it's simply bigger across the board.  Wondering how pronounced the size difference is, apart from the asymmetry.  Thanks in advance for any insights!

Just look at the measurements on the website and the diagram gives you an idea.  It’s just a scoutch  bigger on the thin side, with a bit more meat on the thumb side where you might need it ;relatively less where you don’t. it’s not a boat neck I own three.  You won’t know for sure till you try it your self.  All depends if you have the extra beans to spend.

cromulent said:
but it looks like it's simply bigger across the board. 

I own 4 Wolfgang necks and this is indeed incorrect. It is clearly asymmetrical even by looking at it, and it's quite a bit beefier than a standard thin especially towards the 12th fret, bigger than a Ibanez AZ neck for reference.
Best warmoth neck profile imo, but it's down to taste.

It’s quite Large on the low shoulder which makes the neck perceivably larger overall as that’s the main leverage area. So by comparison to most necks, it’s quite different. Because the high side is basically a standard thin shoulder

Last edited:
Years ago I combined all of the Warmoth images into one so I could get a better idea:

Tw3iDQx.jpg

PS: my fav profiles are boatneck and 59 if I’m looking for something a little leaner.
My perfect profile would be a 59 but slight larger. Not to the point of the Fatback though.

I've got both a couple of Standard Thins and a Wolfgang. The WF feels noticeably fuller, but I like it much more than the ST. I wear a size L to XL glove with medium length fingers and for me, it's a great fit. Very curious to try a 59 at some point, but any future necks will not be the ST.

Back