How About More Showcase Variety?

PJ

I'd like to see more Vintage Modern and Total Vintage necks, especially maple variants in the Showcase. Seems very heavilyweighted toward Pro-Construction types.

For the most part, Showcase reflects sales volume, while there aren't a lot of Total Vintage necks, there are 140 VMs, can't find something there? While there are a lot more Warmoth Pro necks, an awful of of those are practically duplicates....

I was thinking more of Tele necks, which Fender claims sales of are 90%-10% maple to rosewood of new shipments, While, in the Showcase, there's barely (one or two) maple vintage (even slim in VM) maple Tele necks available. Warmoth used to do a nice job with maple choices for Tele, but sadly that's no longer the case.And the offering doesn't track the market, but rather in reverse.

We put Maple necks in there and they sell quickly. Makes it look like we just put Rosewood in there. Beefing up the all Maple selection has been a goal for a number of months so we've been making them. Now if everyone would stop buying them the selection could balance out.  :)

Greg...good to know that maple is still a priority at Warmoth, for Tele necks. You guys make the best necks, period! And I have a couple that are flat-out terrific. Custom-Shop quality, nice tint, great fret & nut work. Keep the maple Tele necks
coming. PS-Some Total Vintage maple Tele necks - would be nice to see from time to time, as well.

Beefing up the all Maple selection has been a goal for a number of months so we've been making them. Now if everyone would stop buying them the selection could balance out.

Well, you could just have a blowout sale on all the rosewood necks and everything'll be perfect again! I'll tell 'em you said so.... :hello2:

Greg....don't get me wrong, I have a Warmoth Pro neck that I use for slide work - the flatter radius is terrific. But, for my main guitars, I do like the traditional 7'5" fretboard. What's cool is bolting-up a brand-new Warmoth Total Vintage neck and being taken back to the 60s or 70s with that true "Fender" feel. Ever thought about offering a 9.5" radius as part of the Vintage/Modern offering, since having the compound on both Pro & VM is more of a duplicate-offering than complementary?
Might help expand sales to have 9.5" rad. as a normal "Buiild-to-Showcase" offering in VM. Even though I'm an old-school guy, I do have a few 9.5" rad necks I like a lot.

As I understand, for more $35 you can have a 7,5" radius in a Warmoth Pro... And it's so far the most beautifull and practician...

Back