Hot Rod LP

David

Here is an LP I just finished.  I am giving it to a neighbor kid.  His car got wrecked and his girl friend broke up with him in the same week.  Now he just needs to write a song about it.  His family is going through a hard time financially, too  They are wonderful people and deserve a break.  He has been playing an old $200 Ibanez for years.  I figure he will appreciate this one.  He is into metal so the pickups are Seymour Duncan Invaders.

guitardevin.jpg

Nice guitar.  Be sure to let us know how he likes it.  It's nice when people look out for others.  Doesn't happen enough.

Nice build! 
There aren't enough random acts of kindness in this world.  :rock-on:

My school has a random acts of kindness club. When they announce for the members of the RAK club, I wonder if anyone's gone in hopes of seeing some well-endowed ladies

Indeed it is very cool of you, my friend.  That is one seriously metal looking Lester, too.  I love that it has the nice looking inlays, though, because not all metalheads are totally devoid of a little class.

Thank you everyone.  When I think about this, giving the guitar away made me feel better than if I had built one for myself.  And it will definitely make him feel better.  It is a win-win situation.  Unfortunately, I can't afford to do stuff like this too often.  I'll give it to him in a couple of weeks and let everyone know how it goes.

dude, just reading this has made my day. i hope you're very proud of what you did, you seem very humble about it which is a very admirable quality. the world needs more people with an attitude like yours, it's inspiring to say the least and i wish you and the lad all the best  :eek:ccasion14:

I gave the guitar to my neighbor yesterday.  His name is on the headstock, but I had a rag resting over it.  I handed it to him and told him to try it out.  I told him I had used a thick neck for people with big hands (he has big hands).  And the pick ups were Invaders, which are great for metal (he loves metal).  And the frets were stainless steel, he told me he was really hard on his frets.  I was worried about eh control configuration I used-- just a volume knob, but he said he loved it.  He started playing it and said it was the best sounding guitar he had ever played.

I told him to look at the headstock and there was a long moment of confused silence.  "I made it for you," I said.  "It is yours."  It took me a while to just convince him.  He was thrilled.  His parents were thrilled too.  In fact, I felt a little embarassed because they just kept going on an on about it.

This was a great experience.  I am still smiling about it.  Here is a picture of him with the guitar in front of my house where he was showing his friends.

devin.jpg

That's just awesome man,  you could not be cooler. Great looking build!

PS can you email my neighbors and tell them to make me one?  :laughing7:

Forget that Luke, I'm moving in next door to David and crashing my car.  I like 4 knobs on my LP, David... ;)

Back