Honey Burst Flame Maple / Mahogany Iceman

Looks absolutely stunning.    Love he look with the inlays on this one.  really nice stuff. 
Glad to see something a little different in the body shape.   

WOW, WOW

I'll just keep it going with...

Seriously the most beautiful Iceman I have ever seen. I would LOVE owning that! You're a lucky man, everything about that is beautiful.

dwiller said:
Looks absolutely stunning.    Love he look with the inlays on this one.  really nice stuff. 
Glad to see something a little different in the body shape.   

WOW, WOW

Thanks man! I totally copied the inlays from the current Ibanez Iceman, though :p

rapfohl09 said:
I'll just keep it going with...

Seriously the most beautiful Iceman I have ever seen. I would LOVE owning that! You're a lucky man, everything about that is beautiful.

Thanks man! I'm super happy with how it turned out, it's my go to guitar now!

Mapleg4 said:
Why was it in Quarantine?

Australia is really really strict about items from overseas made of wood. Even though it's been treated and sealed, they basically open the whole thing, poke around a bit, close it up then charge you $300 :(

bicnarker said:
Mapleg4 said:

Australia is really really strict about items from overseas made of wood. Even though it's been treated and sealed, they basically open the whole thing, poke around a bit, close it up then charge you $300 :(
Now I don't feel so bad about the dollar being down against the pound, at least I don't have to pay a $300 VAT... :doh:

bicnarker said:
Mapleg4 said:

Australia is really really strict about items from overseas made of wood.
Even though it's been treated and sealed, they basically open the whole thing,
poke around a bit, close it up then charge you $300 :(
What are you kidding me  :dontknow:

I'm in Oz and ...
I've had bucket loads of stuff from Warmoth, from Raw woods to finished woods and .......
Have never, ever had any trouble or had them open the packages or been charged any extra $$$$.

BTW .... great looking axe  :headbang:

I got an Abraxas (B) with a Mule (N) in this .... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17679.0
And love it !!

Updown said:
What are you kidding me  :dontknow:

I'm in Oz and ...
I've had bucket loads of stuff from Warmoth, from Raw woods to finished woods and .......
Have never, ever had any trouble or had them open the packages or been charged any extra $$$$.

BTW .... great looking axe  :headbang:

I got an Abraxas (B) with a Mule (N) in this .... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17679.0
And love it !!

Wow dude that guitar is really beautiful! And I know that it sounds good :)
Yeah, quarantine is pretty random. They only open a sample of the total stuff that comes through, so I just got unlucky I guess :(

At the risk of sounding unoriginal, that's a gorgeous guitar - love the Warmoth headstock with it as well!  :headbang1:

I have shot quite a few Iceman bodies for the Showcase in the last few years. I always thought they looked a bit like a tea kettle. But that thing.....DUDE! The right combo of the right parts in the right colors. NICE NICE NICE. The matching Warmoth tilt back headstock is genius. Honeyburst is one of my favorite finishes that comes out of here.

OHH MY GOSH! This is the first time I've seen this thread and I nearly had a heart attack from the pure awesomeness that this guitar radiates. Seriously, that is absolutely incredible, I love it so much!!!
Wow, it's a bit late but congratulations, that is pure win right there!  :headbang: :blob7: :blob7: :headbang:

My first guitar was a '79 Iceman. I absolutely love the shape. It is soooooo comfortable to play and most people wouldn't ever know it.

Yours is just about the pinnacle of the species, I must say. You don't expect to see an Iceman done tastefully but you managed it. :headbang:

BTW, for the guy that said he wanted to see a hybrid LP/Iceman: http://www.sullyguitars.us/photo-gallery/sully-71-prototype-1/

My online buddy Jon Sullivan is a HUGE Kiss fan and is currently working on this one. I think I was the first to pick up on the hybrid aspect, being a long-time Iceman guy.

Back