Honey Burst Flame Maple / Mahogany Iceman

bicnarker

Hey guys!
Long time Warmoth fan and lurker, first time register-er / poster :)
I ordered this absolutely amazing instrument from Warmoth about a year or so ago, but at the time the forum was having some registration problems so I didn't get around to posting pics of my new baby. If any of you frequent the petrucci forums, you may have seen it there.
Anyway, enough blabbing, onto pics / specs :D

Body
Shape: Standard Iceman, Right Handed
Top / Finish: Flame Maple / Honey Burst
Back / Finish: 1 piece Mahogany / Clear Gloss
Binding: White
Pickup Rout: H-H
Electronics: 3 way Neck - Both - Bridge selector, 1 Volume, Mono Jack
Bridge: Recessed Gotoh TOM, String through - Gold
Side Jack: 3/4", Football side jack plate
Neck Pocket: Strat Shape
Contoured Heel: Yes

Neck
Headstock Shape: Warmoth Pro Angled, Right Handed
Back shape: Standard Thin
Size: 22 Fret
Scale: 25 1/2"
Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
Peghead Veneer: Flame Maple / Honey Burst - Matched
Neck Wood / Finish: Mahogany / Clear Gloss
Nut Width: 11/16"
Nut Material: GraphTech white TUSQ
Frets: Nickel 6105
Tuners: Schaller mini locking tuners - Gold

Pickups
Bare Knuckle "Abraxas" Calibrated Set - Gold)

Pics (after arrival - posted on petrucci forum long ago)
FxK1Q.jpg

ETYQM.jpg

xzSVA.jpg

PTATc.jpg

BjTb4.jpg

Pics (after assembly)
Jzx2H.jpg

UChpm.jpg

nwHb1.jpg

L9XdC.jpg

Bcgcv.jpg

eblR0.jpg

TYSA4.jpg

f1fC7.jpg

wjwAW.jpg

Bmq1w.jpg

fyiBy.jpg

As usual the flame is elusive to capture, and my crappy iphone camera makes the colours look a lot more yellow than usual. Apart from that, she plays amazingly, and sounds amazing too! If you're interested in seeing a video of me playing it, check out this cover I did of "Smooth Criminal" by the late, great Michael Jackson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvsTCDeaj8U

Please ask if you're interested in any more specific details about the instrument, or for more pics  :toothy10:

Oh - my mistake, I realised I should probably move this to "completed projects". Is there a way to do that? Or does a moderator have to do it for me?

ThePhilosopher said:
I've never really liked the Iceman guitars, but that one is simply amazing.

Heh thanks a lot man :)
I've always found the iceman shape to be really interesting to look at (I love the little "tail" that it has... I think a les paul with that shape would look so cool) but I never really liked the white / black that they offer so much, until I was randomly surfing the net for guitar pictures and found this:
4_G_1329073407473.jpg

I guess it was kinda spurred on by the fact that I wanted a guitar that not many other people used... My first "good" guitar was an Ibanez JS1200, and although I love that thing to bits, people immediately get the "Satriani" vibe before you even start playing. It's good to have an instrument you can call your own, you know?

Stunning! Absolutely stunning! I hope to get around to an Iceman build someday. Great job!

anorakDan said:
Stunning! Absolutely stunning! I hope to get around to an Iceman build someday. Great job!

Thanks a lot man! Definitely recommend going with a figured top, they look great on the iceman shape in my opinion!

Death by Uberschall said:
Like it!!  :hello2:

Thanks so much man! And I've gotta let you know - I've been a huge fan of your warmoth guitars for such a long time, in fact the amber-ish flame maple top on "Burn Unit" was the reason I decided to make my guitar in this colour  :toothy12:

bicnarker said:
Like it!!  :hello2:

Thanks so much man! And I've gotta let you know - I've been a huge fan of your warmoth guitars for such a long time, in fact the amber-ish flame maple top on "Burn Unit" was the reason I decided to make my guitar in this colour  :toothy12:

Thanks. You have a very nice Iceman right there. I'm a huge Mahogany fan!! :eek:ccasion14:

I love the Mahogany wood grain on this shot on the sides.
wjwAW.jpg

I love the Mahogany wood grain on this shot on the sides.
wjwAW.jpg

The best way I can describe how it looks in person is like swirling a mixture of cream and chocolate  :icon_thumright:

crash said:
Great looking guitar!!!!  How do you like those Abraxas pups?

Best pickups I've ever used in a guitar. Honestly, It may or may not be your thing, but it's the "humbucker" sound I've been looking for for a long time. Not too compressed, not too treble-y, just really open and "real" sounding if that makes sense.

And in all honestly, there is just no comparison between these and the Fred / Joe that's standard in my JS1200. These just sound so much better in my opinion.

Back