Hollow Korina Strat built in 2002

djf67

Hi Guys,
Newly registered on the board but been lurking for a while. Toying with building another Warmoth but the collapse of the pound vs dollar might have killed that idea for a while  :sad1:.
I thought I'd offer up my 2002 Warmoth project that I've just modifed. For the last six years it's been -
Hollow black korina strat body, finished with just Danish oil
Quartersawn maple neck with pau ferro board, stainless jumbo frets, graphite nut, locking tuners
Seymout Duncan JB bridge, Alnico II neck
Four-way (telecaster mod) switching , vol, push-pull tone with coil tap, two phase switches
Gold hardware

Liked the Alnico II except a bit muddy on the bass. Found the JB a bit too bright. So for Christmas, I've gone to a set of Dimarzio Breeds and rewired just as V/T and fancy five-way (bridge, outer coils tapped, pair, inner coils tapped, neck). Loved it before, love it even more now!

front.jpg

back.jpg

close.jpg

..and how it used to look...
oldlook.jpg

It looks simple and beautiful :icon_thumright:

What's the 5way you are using now? Is it a standard or a custom selector?

Nice guitar. Like the knobs, love the wood.  :icon_thumright:

You've got to put those beautiful switches back in even if you never use them. Even if they're not wired up. They look amazing.  :hello2:

That's a beautiful woodchopper right there.
Loving the 2 HB with superswitching... must try that, thanks for the link.

Thought I'd attach some audio that I've knocked up quickly this evening. This is clean (Behringer V-Amp Pro 'is this love') spdif into PC...

This is dirty ('recti solo bal' on Vamp) just with HBs.
Unfortunately, converting to mp3 seems to have added a background ringiness...

...and lastly a gritty 12 bar using the split coil positions for rhythm and lead ('strat solo' on Vamp)

Back