Hipshot bass bridge

bgranger

I'm specing out a Gecko 5. I'm cosidering using a Hipshot model A or the bent plate bridge. I'm leaning more toward the bent plate because its similar to bridges used on my 2 favorite basses- my Lakland 5501 and my Pedulla Rapture. The only production basses I've seen with this bridge are the new Nordys and the MTD Z series-not bad company. Most high end basses I've seen use the model A. What are your experiences with these bridges and suggestions?

id go with a bigger bridge my self

like this

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=259

or an A style.

in my opinion (and in hipshots) a bigger bridge offers more string-to-instrument sonic transmission for punchy, long sustaining tone
and it offers a string though option like the A style.

thats just my two russian pesos.

Will Warmoth rout for that?

Sir Schmoopie said:
id go with a bigger bridge my self

like this

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=259

or an A style.

in my opinion (and in hipshots) a bigger bridge offers more string-to-instrument sonic transmission for punchy, long sustaining tone
and it offers a string though option like the A style.

thats just my two russian pesos.

Sorry, no upcharge for routing for Hipshot A on a Gecko.  No problemo. (17.5mm or 19.00mm)  Several of my basses have the Hipshot A on them.  I dig them personally.

-Eric.

I am a HUGE fan of the Hipshot Vintage bent plate bridges. I use them as the standard bridge on all my new builds.

If the string spacing works for your Gecko, I would recommend this as a definite contender for consideration. The Type A is a good solid bridge, and having the option of ordering one in Aluminum is nice.

all the best,

R

Hey SkuttleFunk,
I've been admiring your work-especially that 5 string Telebass. I was hoping you would chime in because I know you use the vintage bent plate bridge.I'm going for 19mm bridge spacing and looking for a "modern-vintage "tone, a Fender-like feel. I'll be using Nordstrand dual coils with coil splitters. As stated before, I thought the bent plate is very similar to the Lakland bridge which I like. If going the model A route, it would be the aluminum bridge. Did I understand, from a previous post of yours, that the bent plate bridge is a standard rout that Warmoth offers?

SkuttleFunk said:
I am a HUGE fan of the Hipshot Vintage bent plate bridges. I use them as the standard bridge on all my new builds.

If the string spacing works for your Gecko, I would recommend this as a definite contender for consideration. The Type A is a good solid bridge, and having the option of ordering one in Aluminum is nice.

all the best,

R

in a 4-string model, the bent plate utilizes the same 5-hole mounting design as is used by Fender on their bridges.

I believe I have a spare 5-string model in my parts drawer, but it would be the .708 spacing as the .75" (19mm) spacing is too wide for the Deluxe 5 necks. ... I'll check on the mounting hole spacing this weekend.

all the best,

R

This would be for a Gecko with 19mm/.750 spacing. The bent plate is available with .750 spacing.

SkuttleFunk said:
in a 4-string model, the bent plate utilizes the same 5-hole mounting design as is used by Fender on their bridges.

I believe I have a spare 5-string model in my parts drawer, but it would be the .708 spacing as the .75" (19mm) spacing is too wide for the Deluxe 5 necks. ... I'll check on the mounting hole spacing this weekend.

all the best,

R

Back