Help with neck angle

Elfunkenstein

I have a les paul-type body and a warmoth neck. The neck is 25.5" scale and needless to say it doesn't intonate very well due to the les paul body. What should the neck angle be on this guitar? Bridge is tune-o-matic.

Don't know what the neck angle is or should be, but as I understand it, that is not an intonation issue.  The neck angle would be the same for angled neck pocket and T-O-M Stoptail bridge regardless of the scale length being 25.5" or 24 3/4".  The angled neck pocket is just there to compensate for the bridge height off of the body.  The Warmoth 6 string, Fender compatible guitar bodies (which the LP is) are designed for the 25.5" scale length.  A 24 3/4" conversion scale neck may be used also.

I'm assuming it is because it's intoning horribly. I got it off ebay so I'm not sure. It came with its own neck which was beyond repair so I put a warmoth neck on it. I think it's intoning horribly because of the scale length. If it doesn't have anything to do with the scale length...then it's probably the bridge but I doubt that as I've messed with that a lot.

measure from the nut to the 12th fret, ...nevermind. the 12th fret should be halfway to the bridge, or rather saddles.

I'm kinda hoping you got the wrong scale neck, then you gotta order a body for the neck and a neck for the body, then youle be like us

Both warmoth 25.5" and 24.75"  scale necks are designed to mount to regular Fender scale bodies. The Gibson looking bodies share this geometry. You should be able to stick either scale on a body and it work.  The 7/8" scale and 24" scale (note unusual different context uses of the word scale there) bodies are different, and have a different bridge to neck pocket distance.

Tune-o-matics do require a neck angle, and certain bodies from Warmoth come with it built in. Also I believe ordering a non-recessed TOM triggers the required neck angle in your order. I just went through this because I wanted a 24.75" scale guitar with Zero neck angle (because I hate Gibson ergos). But if that was the problem it would probably show up in absurd action issues, not intonation.  Lots and lots of people have Warmoth LP bodies with Warmoth 25.5 necks. If the body is someone elses, then its possible it was built as a bolt on with a different bridge to neck pocket distance.

I have read a couple of reviews on other forums about scale problems with Warmoth necks, but once the issue is discussed it comes down to being issues of either using non typical parts with a Warmoth neck, such as a body bought off Ebay that who knows what it is, or the person complaining have modified something because So and SO told him too,
Now is this "Paul-Type Body" a Warmoth? Or are we dealing with a "Other Body" ?

Went back and re-read, and yeah, it's an unknown body off ebay. You won't be able to use that with anyone elses neck but theirs.

Back