Help please!

Pyrodan

hey guys,  :icon_biggrin:

I was planning on making a flat top soloist but for me (being quite small) 1 3/4" is a bit bulky. So.....

Is it possible to plane down the body without ruining the rear cavity??  :dontknow:

:help:

Much thanks,

Dan

Unfortunately we cannot produce a thinner Soloist. A Mustang body is thinner or we can also make a thinner (like the original) version of the SG body.

Hmm ok....

Would it be possible to get a professional to do it or will it still ruin the rear cavity?  ???

Pyrodan said:
Hmm ok....

Would it be possible to get a professional to do it or will it still ruin the rear cavity?  ???

You would lose the guarantees and would have to remake the lower part of the plate (or put it above the wood, but doesn't look cool)
Also don't think would left enough wood on the neck pocket back... perhaps if you ask for a body without the neck pocket drilled and ask for the luthier do it, in this case, better ask for him build the thing at all...

Pyrodan, I have a couple of Warmoth Soloists and they really are not that bulky, at all.  In fact, they're quite sleek.  One of them is a carved top.  I'm about 5' 6".

You mentioned elsewhere that you are 15.  Keep in mind that you will continue growing for a while.  BTW, I just looked at my guitars.  The Soloist looks to be the same thickness as my Tele and my Strats.

Yeah hang in there.  I was 5'2" when I was 15, now I'm about 6'.

Everyone seems eager to buy small guitars all of a sudden.  A guitar will last you the rest of your life, size it accordingly.

Why don't you just spend an extra $30 for some comfort contours? That'll make a body of any thickness feel a lot slimmer....

rockskate4x said:
Why don't you just spend an extra $30 for some comfort contours? That'll make a body of any thickness feel a lot slimmer....

The other thought is, looking at my flat top and carved top Soloists side-by-side, the carved top is thinner at the edges.

Back